Anyone With Stones Going To Sweetwater?

stebo

Guest GrayEagleOne

I doubt that there are any die-hard North Texas fans that don't believe in Todd Dodge and think that he will eventually right the ship. But, realize that we have had a number of years listening to our friends (who went to other universities) and co-workers razz us about our football team. We are bleeding and would at least like to stem the flow.

When a top team, that has been playing football around a hundred years, sets an all-time record for offensive yards in one half, then you know that your defense stinks. Hell, we've never exceeded 500 yards for an entire game.

In my opinion, a defensive coach should be making constant adjustments to cover any weakness that his team might have or to combat the strengths of the opponent. We haven't seen that (at least noticably) in a game until the last five minutes or so of the Arkansas game. That's when I heard that we actually blitzed the passer.

The defense is broken. We're dead last in Division 1-A (whatever they're calling that these days) in Total Defense and Scoring Defense and I don't recall our ever being that low before. The issue needs to be addressed. I just hope that whomever brings it up is not antagonistic because that won't help correct the problem; it will just give us another.