Happy Birthday To A Great North Texas Fan And Supporter

Harry

George we don't always agree but I consider you to be one of the most passionate, knowledgable and loyal Mean Green Fans in the history of this program. This is a special day for all Mean Green Fans because you are a great example of what a true supporter and fan should be at North Texas. You have been there through thick and thin for the Mean Green and I know all true Mean Green Fans out there share my gratitude. You have set the bar high my friend.

In a way, George is responsible for what is now evolved into GOMEANGREEN.COM as his expert commentary shared on the old AOL message boards back in the day helped feed my fire and ultimately inspired me to start this website.

Happy Birthday to one of our Very Best!

GMG!

When I first enrolled at North Texas as a transfer student in January of 1972 I immediately started going to on-campus events and activities (since I lived off Fry Street--316 Fry Street to be exact), I can still recall constantly seeing the same familiar face at most any of these gatherings I would attend, and I would many years later realize that that man I'd seen all those years as an NT student was that of George Derr. The man seemed to be involved with anything & everything that had to do with "North Texas."

Happy Birthday, George, you have set the supreme example of "UNT alumnus-hood" that the rest of us should only try emulate.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen