Dave Campbell's Texas Football

DCTF is supose to be hiting the newstands Monday 06-11.

I live over in south Grand Prairie, so I have been checking the local Wal Mart, and Kroger-

Sometimes, the DCTF magazine will be in a "display shipper" out by the check-out stands,

and this display arrives early to the stores so I will check the stores over the weekend.

I saw Steel's at Wal-Mart, but I just read the slanted NT report.

There were a couple of statements about how DD was a great coach, and

that TD was just a good HS coach. The story implies that NT will be 1-11 or 2-10 with

our best chance for a victory will be the last 2 games of 2007.

Promotes Alexander as out best OL player.

More blah blah blah from so called sports writers!

What are your favorite preseason mags, Charlie? To be honest, DCTF has had blah blah write ups between its own covers before, so to me it's not the be-all-end-all on everything. I find that between it, Sporting News, and Phil Steele I get most everything I'll read anywhere else. I'll probably give Athlon a good look, and read what SI has to say.

This would be a good thread to hear what other mags people like, and what they like about them.

Edited by greenminer

I like DCTF because it has Texas colleges, and Texas highschool reports.

I do not beleive DCTF is the best mag for national information. Steels to me, is the best

for national information once you understand thier "code" system.

I agree all the mags are blah blah blah--seems like the authors just copy each other.

When DCTF comes out, I know football season is around the corner. This isjust something I

look forward to.