Denton Player Picked In Nfl First Round

pollock

Oh what could have been. He would have looked awesome in Green, but so would his brother if he'd ever gotten his grades. Chalk that up to the Great DD's recruiting.

Moss Bio from draft day

There is was less than a 1% chance that Jarvis would have ever come here to play. He would have been good in green, but I doubt very seriously we had any chance that he would play here.

There is was less than a 1% chance that Jarvis would have ever come here to play. He would have been good in green, but I doubt very seriously we had any chance that he would play here.

Yeah, I was a part of that whole recruiting process when he was a senior. Every school from Texas to University of Miami came to Denton for this kid. Mack Brown came up. He was Turned down. Bobby Bowden came up. He was denied. The OC from Miami came up didn't have a chance. He never even thought twice about UNT. That doesn't make me feel bad, because he really Bobby Bowden couldn't get him.

I had no clue Jarvis is a family friend's first cousin. My wife came home today telling me he was drafted and I was just shocked that I never knew. She couldn't remember his name, but as soon as she said he's from Denton, I immediately said Jarvis Moss and she said that is him. :P

I went to Ryan... most of the football players who played with both Chris and Jarvis said that Chris was much better than Jarvis. It is unfortunate that he couldn't make the grades and actually play here at UNT. he could have been something special.