Dallas Mavericks Stadium ?

greenjoe

I've been hearing so much about Mark Cuban for some time. His reality TV show, his epic battles with the NBA, and of course his considerable wealth. Just for fun, would North Texas accept a gift from Cuban for the construction of a new on campus stadium with the provision it be named "Dallas Maverick Stadium" or something similar ? Other businesses put their name on stadiums all the time. What would we do if instead of Movietime, or Ameriquest, we got the Mavericks ?

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

I've been hearing so much about Mark Cuban for some time. His reality TV show, his epic battles with the NBA, and of course his considerable wealth. Just for fun, would North Texas accept a gift from Cuban for the construction of a new on campus stadium with the provision it be named "Dallas Maverick Stadium" or something similar ? Other businesses put their name on stadiums all the time. What would we do if instead of Movietime, or Ameriquest, we got the Mavericks ?

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

This wont ever happen, no need to discuss. NT would name the stadium 'Sweaty Grundle Stadium' if someone would pay for it.

Call me crazy, but I would rather stay at Fouts than have Mark Cuban pay for it to then turn around and call it "Dallas Mavericks" Stadium. People only thought it was strange at the idea of having it called Darrell Dickey practice field. I can hear it now "Come play in our new stadium called Dallas Maverick Stadium"....."oh, your stadium is in dallas?"......

Hell call it Mark Cuban field for all I care, give him a fake degree, and accept him as our own. He loves to throw his money around so why not on us. He loves to build something and watch it grow, he can get in on the ground floor of NT athletics. And with in 5 yrs have a major success.

Why would we turn away a multi-million dollar gift? Thankfully, I don't think Cuban would ask us to name it after his bball team. It would be named after something else.

I think this was brought up about 6 months ago when it was said that the Mavs were allowed to use UNT facilities for a camp/off-season stuff. If true, we're probably in Cuban's good regards.