Underarmor Filming Comercial At Unt

Baby Arm!

<_<

It's pretty sad when Under Armour and others have to film footage at a local HS stadium rather than at a Div. 1 football stadium. But when that stadium is Fouts Field, you can understand why....

Quick FYI:

The Denton ISD used to play its annual Denton vs. Denton Ryan "Battle of the Bolt" game at Fouts each year then got sick and tired of all of the complaints about the venue itself and the horrendous view from the endzone seats, that they decided to built what is now C.H. Collins stadium. I dont think anyone is complaining about not seeing the action anymore. They also implemented and executed on a plan in just a few years.

Let's not forget the last major roadblock we have to where we want to be in Athletics.

DEMOLISH FOUTS, BUILD OUR FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!

<_<

It's pretty sad when Under Armour and others have to film footage at a local HS stadium rather than at a Div. 1 football stadium. But when that stadium is Fouts Field, you can understand why....

Quick FYI:

The Denton ISD used to play its annual Denton vs. Denton Ryan "Battle of the Bolt" game at Fouts each year then got sick and tired of all of the complaints about the venue itself and the horrendous view from the endzone seats, that they decided to built what is now C.H. Collins stadium. I dont think anyone is complaining about not seeing the action anymore. They also implemented and executed on a plan in just a few years.

Let's not forget the last major roadblock we have to where we want to be in Athletics.

Amen, UNT_playmaker...

Fouts has been a major roadblock for way too many decades (and at least 2 or 3 conference upgrades from where we have been in the past) which I will always think Fouts Field played a major part in our not being a "true" serious consideration.

This DRC article would have been a much better read had it said:

"And the Under Armour film crew was at the booming, ever-expanding UNT campus and (specifically) inside the Mean Green Village along with its newly opened 40,000 (expandable to 80,000) state-of-the-art football palace which has the latest modern ammenities and features that even most of the BCS Big Boys, ie, Top 10 schools would envy (albeit at a smaller scale than their own ancient "patchwork quilt" expanded from their original capacities stadiums)." :P

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

We've been talking about new stadiums and sponsors. How about Under Armour Stadium?

They can have all the signage they want. Make it a UA showplace. Sell UA gear only at the stadium and on campus. Let UA make the stadium the "cool" destination for Dallas Fort Worth, with the "cool" atire for Dallas Fort Worth. Put their logo everywhere. Make it a place UA can use to shoot TV commercials. They can use it for whatever they want. Put their logo on tickets, programs, cups, wrappers. Hell, make funnel cake in the shape of the UA logo.

Possible?

at the softball complex . They are already in Denton. Check last paragraph of story for UNT reference

DRC story

"...The crew will also be shooting another Under Armour commercial later this week at the University of North Texas’ new softball complex, Lovelace Stadium."

Baby Arm, you should go down there and see if they will cast you as an extra in the commercial. You should send them a copy of your cameo in "Necessary Roughness".

We've been talking about new stadiums and sponsors. How about Under Armour Stadium?

They can have all the signage they want. Make it a UA showplace. Sell UA gear only at the stadium and on campus. Let UA make the stadium the "cool" destination for Dallas Fort Worth, with the "cool" atire for Dallas Fort Worth. Put their logo everywhere. Make it a place UA can use to shoot TV commercials. They can use it for whatever they want. Put their logo on tickets, programs, cups, wrappers. Hell, make funnel cake in the shape of the UA logo.

Possible?

I would be more than happy to pee in an UnderArmour urinal while screaming "WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!"

<_<

Quick FYI:

Yep, they built the new stadium just because of complaints about Fouts during the Ryan vs. High game. Thanks for bringing that info public.

<_<

Quick FYI:

:lol::lol: I gotta admit that this story is pretty dang funny. I know we all hate fouts but I think thats something we can take pride on...we know our stadium sucks and eventually we will get our new stadium palace but while fouts is here lets have fun with it and lets take pride with it in a comedic way. Thoughts anyone?

:lol::lol: I gotta admit that this story is pretty dang funny. I know we all hate fouts but I think thats something we can take pride on...we know our stadium sucks and eventually we will get our new stadium palace but while fouts is here lets have fun with it and lets take pride with it in a comedic way. Thoughts anyone?

The funny thing about that post is that anyone would sit in the endzone seats for a DHS/RHS game. They never came close to filling both sides in the first place.