Looking Ahead

NT03

Ive all but thrown in the towel already this year. Ill still go to the La Tech game , but if it's as pathetic as I expect it , it could be the last for awhile if things dont start looking up.

I cant forsee any further victories for NT in the future. If we lose out ( good chance ) we start out next year in Norman on 9/1 then go to Dallas to play the ponies the next week. Im not sure who we play on 9/15 , but the Zips are scheduled to come to town on 9/22. My fear is by the time the Zips roll in .. will we have ANY wins?? SMU will be pissed and a defeat will not surprise me at all. Will We have any more fan base left before Sun Belt play starts in 07 ??? I think RV and staff need to take this into consideration before they run out of Alumni support. (This is all assuming that DD & staff stays.)

Anyone else know who , or whom we might be in talks with for the other 2 OOC games in 07 ??

Anyone else know  who , or whom we might be in talks with for the other 2 OOC games in 07 ??

I think we play Rice as well, in Houston. Thats not going to be a good game for us either. Todd Graham and Major Applewhite have really made a huge impact down here.

As far as how next season looks, lets see who is coaching before we mail '07 in as well.

We open at OU, and I have no idea who their QB/RB is going to be (assuming peterson goes pro, which is questionable now that he is out for the season)... could be interesting

At this point, I only see one way we could do anything in the offseason that would allow us to comeback and be excited about next year.

If it's the same staff, the same plan, the same everything else.............what does the program have to offer and how can they convince anyone that '07 is going to be any different from '05 and '06?

Every year we finsish with a losing record is one more year we are down the wrong road from the shine of 2002 that keeps getting further and futher in the rear view mirror.

In my opinion, the athletic staff has a major chore in the off season.

We are at such a critical point right now. We've run the conference championship well dry and we can't lean on that anymore.

Honestly, I've noticed from a personal standpoint, my excitement for upcoming seasons declining the past few years. Although I still get excited because it's football season and it's the mean green, it's nothing like it was. I left in the 3rd quarter of the MTSU game (I don't ever remember doing that) and didn't even go to the FIU game. I asked myself, do I really want to drive over an hour to watch this mess? (I've certainly never done that) I won't be at the LaTech game because I'm going out of town (and I'm really not that upset about it), and I'm 50/50 on the FAU game. (although I'll probably go). I was holding on and holding on trying to support the coaching staff and be a good fan, but I am one beaten down alum.

Count me as one that has finally given up and am looking for something new. Personally, I like DD, I think he maybe has been treated a little unfair, plus I just think he's funny and he did do some good things while he was here but I just don't think the team responds to him anymore. The only thing that is going to really get me excited about next year is a major shakeup.

If we come back with everything the same, with the exception of some players I would like to see, I just don't see anything here to get me excited. At that point I will just be going through the motions by renewing my season tickets and MGC membership.

We open at OU, and I have no idea who their QB/RB is going to be (assuming peterson goes pro, which is questionable now that he is out for the season)... could be interesting

Uhhh...what could be interesting? I hope you're not talking about the game? OU could suit up a bunch of homeless guys and still beat us by 30+ points.

I think we play Rice as well, in Houston. Thats not going to be a good game for us either. Todd Graham and Major Applewhite have really made a huge impact down here.

Is this for sure , playing Rice , or we in the talks ? Home & Home situation ??

Guest GrayEagleOne

Akron on 09/22 , from what I know so far it will be the 1st home game of the season.

Nope, it won't be Akron, at least not on 9-22. Akron is playing Army on that date. It also won't be Toledo, who I believe plays Iowa State then. The MAC will probably wait to see who needs another game.

Nope, it won't be Akron, at least not on 9-22.  Akron is playing Army on that date.  It also won't be Toledo, who I believe plays Iowa State then.  The MAC will probably wait to see who needs another game.

From this site says Akron is playing Army on the 29th. Dont know how accurate it is though. http://collegefootball.stxwebworks.com/akron.htm

Edited by NT03

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, it won't be Akron, at least not on 9-22.  Akron is playing Army on that date.  It also won't be Toledo, who I believe plays Iowa State then.  The MAC will probably wait to see who needs another game.

Maybe we can get Buffalo or Eastern Michigan wink.gif

Edited by El Paso Eagle