Doing the Math !

greeneagle69

I'm tired of lurking....gotta say someyhing !!!!! And not trying to be negative..I just gotta know some answers before I explode !!!!!

1. In a lower post, it's noted that "by default" we would land some extreme talant...EXACTLY RIGHT !!! If you calculate the total scholarships allowed by each team (just in the immed 3-4 state area) for freshmen, compared to the number of TALENTED players out there (3A thru 5A)......UNT should have plenty knocking on our door.....Just because they could actually PLAY here. If you added in the flunk out/injury factor....we should still have plenty.

2. on defense...no blitz defense.... why cant 7 defenders cover 3 or 4 receivers !!! why why why ????? Game after game,play after play.....The slowest receiver out there always seems to be miles away from any defender. (on the average pass play) Especially when the opponent is on OUR 10......the end zone never seems crowded.....easy catches...NO battles !!!! SINCE WE ARE NOT SUCCESSFUL AT THIS, WHY DONT WE SEND THE HOUSE MORE OFTEN ?? a QB on the run is to our advantage more often than not.

3. After the last 10 years of cussing this play...why in the HELL do we continue to run the quick swing pass for 1-2 yards ???? IT never works, it never ever ever sets anything else up that works either ! In fact, I'll bet most of you wont remember it ever working effectively since Jamal Branch @ OU game. This damn play gets seen several times a game...and worst of all...WE RUN IT WHEN WE NEED 10+ Yards....it is NOT A HI PERCENTAGE play.....it's wasteful and only utilizes ONE PLAYER to get us up the field...no decoys.... and usually only one blocker IF THAT !!!!

4. If the ball is snapped at the qb's feet ( in shotgun) 25 times a game..then guess what ????? That's 25 damn times the qb is going to loose sight of the field....and have to relocate the receiver positions,speeds,cuts,etc....also will create earlier panic......and fewer completions Look at us last night I REST MY CASE.... I'll wonder if coaching is aimed at this at all ???? A damn shame !!!

THERE,,THAT"S IT..I'm mad as hell and dont give a flying brown thang (and I dont mean a football either !!)....What do yall think ??

I'm tired of lurking....gotta say someyhing !!!!! And not trying to be negative..I just gotta know some answers before I explode !!!!!

1. In a lower post, it's noted that "by default" we would land some extreme talant...EXACTLY RIGHT !!! If you calculate the total scholarships allowed by each team (just in the immed 3-4 state area)  for freshmen, compared to the number of TALENTED players out there (3A thru 5A)......UNT should have plenty knocking on our door.....Just because they could actually PLAY here. If you added in the flunk out/injury factor....we should still have plenty.

2. on defense...no blitz defense.... why cant 7 defenders cover 3 or 4 receivers !!! why why why ????? Game after game,play after play.....The slowest receiver out there always seems to be miles away from any defender. (on the average pass play) Especially when the opponent is on OUR 10......the end zone never seems crowded.....easy catches...NO battles !!!! SINCE WE ARE NOT SUCCESSFUL AT THIS, WHY DONT WE SEND THE HOUSE MORE OFTEN ?? a QB on the run is to our advantage more often than not.

3. After the last 10 years of cussing this play...why in the HELL do we continue to run the quick swing pass for 1-2 yards ???? IT never works, it never ever ever sets anything else up that works either !  In fact, I'll bet most of you wont remember it ever working effectively since Jamal Branch @ OU game. This damn play gets seen several times a game...and worst of all...WE RUN IT WHEN WE NEED 10+ Yards....it is NOT A HI PERCENTAGE play.....it's wasteful and only utilizes ONE PLAYER to get us up the field...no decoys.... and usually only one blocker IF THAT !!!!

4. If the ball is snapped at the  qb's feet ( in shotgun) 25 times a game..then guess what ????? That's 25 damn times the qb is going to loose sight of the field....and have to relocate the receiver positions,speeds,cuts,etc....also will create earlier panic......and fewer completions Look at us last night I REST MY CASE.... I'll wonder if coaching is aimed at this at all ???? A damn shame !!!

THERE,,THAT"S IT..I'm mad as hell and dont give a flying brown thang (and I dont mean a football either !!)....What do yall think ??

You ask alot of good questions here. My dad (who has never seen us play)q & I were at the game last night. He asked why do we keep trying the same thing over and over. He also asked why we don't make adjustments on the offense or defense. He was also wondering why we always scrambled and ran center and mostly right. I haven't counted the plays, but it sured seemed like we ran alot of same plays, especially to the right.

You ask alot of good questions here. My dad (who has never seen us play)q & I were at the game last night. He asked why do we keep trying the same thing over and over. He also asked why we don't make adjustments on the offense or defense.  He was also wondering why we always scrambled and ran center and mostly right.  I haven't counted the plays, but it sured seemed like we ran alot of same plays, especially to the right.

Well, it worked for the coaches when they plugged it into their PS2 simulation of the game on Monday.

EDIT: That's giving them too much credit, they probably didn't ask the magic PS2 simulation until saturday morning.

Edited by MeanMag