WAC expansion?-Thread from SBC board

MeanGreen61

The first word in WAC tells it all. We need to be in C-USA! Or the Big-12 dry.gif

WESTERN

CONFERENCE

BIG

The first one is out because it clashes with North. Don't want to have two regions in the same league.

The second one is out because we aren't competitive enough to be in a CONFERENCE. We're in the SUNBELT for god's sake.

The third one is a joke right. If not then it should be. Even if it were the LITTLE 12, NT doesn't belong in that category. Name a team in the the 12, who we could compete with an a regular basis, IN ANY SPORT.

Oh God!

The lunatic really are running the asylum.

I'm not certain the best way to respond here.

I guess the fairest way is to point out the kid who started the thread is only 19 an not yet a student at Hawai'i.

Please go a read the thread on the SBC board.

WACy thread

This child suggested North Texas would be better off in being WACy with Saromento State others.

I and others pointed out to him that it made no sense for a Central Time Zime School to go WACy.

There was a suggestion that a merger and the creation of a conference that stretched from Hawaii to Florida might work(!?!).

Just as a frame of reference, this child did not know that ASU had EVER won a game against Hawaii. He seemed to doubt it was true. Plus, anything which might have taken place as long as five years ago was "so far in the past" as to not count for fans today.

Again the child is 19 and not yet in college.

Just as a frame of reference, this child did not know that ASU had EVER won a game against Hawaii. He seemed to doubt it was true. Plus, anything which might have taken place as long as five years ago was "so far in the past" as to not count for fans today.

Again the child is 19 and not yet in college.

Yeah there wasn't anything memorable about the game other than the fact it was the first time Hawaii had ever been shut-out in Aloha Stadium, that and the fact it was around 3:00 am before I got to bed after listening to the game on the radio.

WESTERN

CONFERENCE

BIG

The first one is out because it clashes with North. Don't want to have two regions in the same league.

The second one is out because we aren't competitive enough to be in a CONFERENCE. We're in the SUNBELT for god's sake.

The third one is a joke right. If not then it should be. Even if it were the LITTLE 12, NT doesn't belong in that category. Name a team in the the 12, who we could compete with an a regular basis, IN ANY SPORT.

BAYLOR and TEXAS TECH

No, seriously, you think we could compete with Batlor & Tech in all sports, not just Football, on a consistent basis.

You asked if we could compete with ANY Big 12 school in ANY sport on a regular basis. When you factor in Soccer, Golf, Tennis, Track and the other sports the answer is obviously yes. We’re not going to win every year, but we would not be last every year either.