Musings from

eulesseagle

geez and they wonder why we can not stand them with their noses stuck up in the air, BTW the NTSU cracks are getting old but whatever works for them. rolleyes.gif

Since it's been decades since we've been NTSU you have to be very OLD or very STUPID to refer to us by that name. When people try to use it around me I tell them I don't know who they are referring to since there is no school by that name. It usually frustrates the hell out of them. laugh.gif

They are a confident bunch, you gotta give them that? I look at it like this... If we can hang 50 points on a Big-XII team in our stadium, then we have a shot at beating SMU. Our defense should be better (still not sure about which of our corners covers Big Bobby Chase, but Coach Evans knows his stuff...I trust him), and we SHOULD have a QB that fires the ball to Quinn and company downfield.

I like our chances. If we should lose, I will never hear the end of it from the Chases... So let's just PLEASE win this one.

GMG!!!

maybe I am not the most learned person on the subject of college football*, but I think that a home loss aginst SMU would be devestating. I am expecting a win by at least 10 points. I know we were bad last year, but in week 2 Jamario should still be healthy and most of our other players should make it through the Texas game with out any broken bones right? SMU should be the weakest team on our scheudle (yes, including the sunbelt schools). I assume that if we win any games this will be one of them. its amazing how umpteen** straight years of losing somehow gives the SMU fans confidence that they will run over us.

* the joke of course being that I am the most learned person in the college football world.

** intentionaly vauge as I am not sure how long it has been since they were relevant in the college football world. I just know that fans that remember should be dying off soon.

Edited by bigrobdsp

I'm just looking forward to the opportunity to tase another one of their players so he can cry about it in the DMN months after the fact.  Poor pony interfered with the police doing their jobs and got to ride the lightning.  How will I ever sleep at night?  dry.gif

Heh heh. And it was all legal too. tongue.gif

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject:   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gotta tell ya', NTSU is not even a blip on my radar screen. They might as well be ETSU or maybe SW Missouri State for all I care. Like the Philly Eagle fan that sees the Dallas Cowboys as a huge rival and is so disappointed to find out that Cowboy fans could care less about the Eagles, the Mean Green are pretty much irrelevant to SMU fans. However, I am still pretty sure that SMU fans still consider the following teams our biggest rivals in the following order:

1. TCU

2. Texas

3. Baylor

4. TAMU

5. Tech

6. Houston

7. Rice

8. UTEP

9. Arkansas

10. Notre Dame

11. Tulsa

12. Tulane

13. North Texas State

Of course you don't get too excited about playing a team that you are 27-3-1 against since 1922. Let's also remember that NTSU has only made it to double figures in 5 games against us as well. So who else is excited about the ride up to Denton for this fierce rivally and the traditional awarding of the "Golden A$$ Whip" that seems to be the prize of NTSU every time we play them.

Class of '91

After reading this quote by "BrianTinBigD" on the SMU forum, I'd like to revise my plan for Petunia. I now think we should steal the mule, shave it, paint it GREEN and castrate the little f#@ker. I bet that would keep that little gay oompa loompa horse from trying to mount the Texas Tech horse that's three times his size.

Texas? #2?? I bet SMU ranks about 89 on Texas' list of rivals...and that's being generous.

So if I understand the SMU poster's point, he's saying that because the record is heavily lopsided in their favor, they dont consider us a rival.

SMU's all-time record against a couple of their "top" rivals:

Texas: 22-47-4

Notre Dame: 3-10-0

Great point.

Someone should tell them the SWC no longer exists...

What I find funny is not so much that they think we are below them, but the fact that they think they are in the same league as UT, aTm, TT, or DUKE...

I tell you, it took me a few minutes to stop the uncontrollable laughter. Boy, If I need another good laugh or a pick me up on a bad day, I know I can go to their link.

Back in 80's SMU did have one of the best professional football team in college.