Man that thing was awful... But you have to love their spirit! Maybe next time they could get someone to do it who has rhythm? I love the game shot of the crowd in Kyle Field and only a handfull of people are waiving the towels...the others are just standing there looking bewilderred?

Must have been the Iowa State game...hehe

GMG!!! smile.gif

This was actually done as a spoof. I have seen this video on more boards. Why does everyone take it so seriously?

By the way, the Texas State game was moved to a Thursday night game with 24 hours notice, was played with hurricane Rita approaching, the AD told fans not to travel in, and we still had somewhere between 35000 and 45000 people.

Carry on.

Guest JohnDenver

This was actually done as a spoof.  I have seen this video on more boards.  Why does everyone take it so seriously?

By the way, the Texas State game was moved to a Thursday night game with 24 hours notice, was played with hurricane Rita approaching, the AD told fans not to travel in, and we still had somewhere between 35000 and 45000 people.

Carry on.

Everyone has a spoof detector ... and this doesn't make the needle tip at all. It was dead serious AND funny.

I watched the TSU@Sm v A&M game ... there was NOT, no way, no how, 35k+ people there. They announced 76k tickets sold, but said less than half showed up. They weren't really counting (considering the circumstances). However, you should get a front row seat if you really wanted it.

Edited by JohnDenver

Everyone has a spoof detector ... and this doesn't make the needle tip at all. It was dead serious AND funny.

I watched the TSU@Sm v A&M game ... there was NOT, no way, no how, 35k+ people there. They announced 76k tickets sold, but said less than half showed up. They weren't really counting (considering the circumstances). However, you should get a front row seat if you really wanted it.

On texags, someone knew the guys who created it, an dit was done as a spoof. I think it is funny, but not in an embarrassing way.

for the TSU@SM (love the abbreviation there) game, I know there were 25,000 student passes scanned at the game. I know there had to be 10,000 alumni / other fans there. The stadium holds over 80,000 people, so with the stadium at 40% capacity, good seats were easy to come by. And with three decks, there were plenty of front row seats to be had. wink.gif Imagine 12k at Fouts, and you can see the space that would be available. Not that big of a deal, but I don't think saying 35K is a stretch at all.

Eagle1855's links have videos that include Chris Walker. A great feel good story he was a walk-on starter for the basketball team that advanced to the second round of the NCAAs. He interned with my company, but is following his brother to IBM. I recently had dinner with him and he is a great kid. From Grapevine, great student, well-composed, etc. BUT THAT VIDEO WILL HAUNT HIM FOR LIFE. Wow, just plain wow.

This was actually done as a spoof.  I have seen this video on more boards.  Why does everyone take it so seriously?

Carry on.

Yeah, the aTm bookstore was all boarded up in preparation for the hurricane that never hit colleyville.

user posted image

• 2 weeks later...