Question? Is The Sun Belt washed up, or

Ranking of conferences is no new thing (or thang...if from Ole Miss).

Where does the SunBelt rank...how far from the bottom of the know world of sports entities, huh? At the very, very bottom. That's were.

So, we should be dominating this league year in and year out. Anything less and t ph34r.gif here is something very wrong. We should also win an occasional out of conference game...but against who? Little Sisters of the Poor, give 3...or Trinity Valley JC even up! I am not being negative. I am simply pointing out why not much info is forthcoming from Athletics. They are holding their breath, hoping we are more competitive in the worst conference in the history of mankind.

I want to see improvement. In the conference we're in, and our ability to recruit to that conference. Are the pieces to this puzzle in place? God only knows!

Ranking of conferences is no new thing (or thang...if from Ole Miss).

Where does the SunBelt rank...how far from the bottom of the know world of sports entities, huh? At the very, very bottom. That's were.

So, we should be dominating this league year in and year out. Anything less and t ph34r.gif here is something very wrong. We should also win an occasional out of conference game...but against who? Little Sisters of the Poor, give 3...or Trinity Valley JC even up! I am not being negative. I am simply pointing out why not much info is forthcoming from Athletics. They are holding their breath, hoping we are more competitive in the worst conference in the history of mankind.

I want to see improvement. In the conference we're in, and our ability to recruit to that conference. Are the pieces to this puzzle in place? God only knows!

The reason why this league gets virtually no respect is because we do lose to virtually every team our members play outside of the conference including to some 1-AA teams. You can't get respect if the best teams in the league are losing to the likes of Eastern Michigan, SMU, or Army. Those teams are horrible in their own leagues and have no business beating top Sun Belt teams.

Additionally, the Sun Belt must defend the New Orleans Bowl, yet the Sun Belt champion/representative is 1-4 in that game and 1-5 in post season bowl games since the league started football.

No one can blame anyone else in this league for the conference's continuous last place ranking in 1-A year-in and year-out. Each of our members have lost it's fair share of non-conference games. The year we were ranked ahead of the MAC in the Sagarins was a result of a 3-1 record against the MAC when Idaho beat Eastern Michigan, Middle Tennessee beat Akron, and Troy beat Marshall. All of those were road games. The MAC was beaten in almost every non-conference game that year and deserved the last place rank.

North Texas should beat SMU this year. You want respect, then that's a good place to start. CUSA's champ wouldn't get much respect if their members lost to everybody outside of their league. North Texas does have a better tradition of winning than SMU. There's no reason why SMU should win. They've always been bad at football, and they're always going to be bad at football just like Vandy.