Tennessee should fire Phillip Fullmer!

calvin

whats your point? TN won the Cotton Bowl last year, UNT got blown out by USM in the New Orleans Bowl.

Also Fulmer has a National Championship, what does DD have? Oh yeah thats right 4 SBC Titles, I can guarantee you though that TN fans are calling for some changes,

Nice comparision try though.

you guys on this board crack me up............ why is it not different ?  They have had sucessful years, we have had sucessful years, they are going through a down year, so are we, whats the difference ?

Big Difference we had 3 straight winning seasons a relatively weak conference, they have had over a decade of straight winning seasons in one of the toughest conferences in nation, plus the national title and several SEC titles.

This is comical though, I needed the laugh to start out my Monday.

Edited by untbowler

you guys on this board crack me up............ why is it not different ?  They have had sucessful years, we have had sucessful years, they are going through a down year, so are we, whats the difference ?

Since you brought up UT as an example, I guess you haven't heard that Fulmer did fire his OC in the middle of the year.

what is comical is the goofballs on this board. My point is people on this board are so quick to run everyone out of town after a down year. When I came here 2-8, 2-9 was the norm and we were playing the same teams, basically. No matter what conference we are in, we have been taking care of business and winning. I know they are in the SEC and and have won a national title but with the down year they have had some ignorant fans like the ones we have are probably wanting to run him out of town.

Since you brought up UT as an example, I guess you haven't heard that Fulmer did fire his OC in the middle of the year.

You mean someone used a wild, absurd, nonrelatable example to not really make a point? On this board?

Now let's stop feeling like OU, put in the Texas Tech offense, hire coach Fran, and get back to being the Yankees of the Sun Belt. wink.gif

"Rebuilding" years in the SEC are completely different from "rebuilding" years in the SBC. Nice try though.

Not really. Rebuilding is rebuilding. Are our fans just happy with the SBC? Should we only coach to win the SBC?

Let's use TCU as an example. Their vision has been to be competitive no matter who they are playing and move up the college football "food chain." Why shouldn't NT have the same aspirations?

I don't care what conference we are in, I expect NT to be competitive and to play to win. As PMG stated in another post, one of the largest problems that NT must overcome is just being happy winning the SBC.

that didnt happen this year........................also what is A&M's record ?

Just so you know A&M would probably beat us by 50 pts no matter that their record is similar, plus lets see they have played several Top 25 teams, we have played only 1 team in Top 25.

The point is not really making sense now, basically comparing Golden Ripe Apples to rotted Apples.

that didnt happen this year........................also what is A&M's record ?

A&M is 5-5, a championship season by our standards. I did not know the offensive coordinator oversaw team success and ran the defense. Also, I know it did not happen this year - they fired him and now they have a consistent top 30 offense - which we have never had in the Dickey era (or most likely ever- but I am not 100% sure on that.) Their defense underperformed this year and they will mostly likely fire the D Coordinator instead of making excuses for him.

I do not want to make this into a Big XII board like so many love to do, I am just stating that your facts seem to be a wild mish-mash of crap with no real point. I'd be happy to debate anything you can offer that applies to anything NT-related.

UNTLifer---

Lemonaide out of lemons??????????

yea, that is what we have been saying......

'00..3 wins

'01..5 wins

'02..8 wins

'03..9 wins

'04..7 wins

'05..2 wins (1 games left).

'06..Winning season!!

All you who want to throw DD under the bus:

1. who ya going to get??

2. how much ya goin pay him??

3. what conference are you going to get us in tomorrow??

"Since you brought up UT as an example, I guess you haven't heard that Fulmer did fire his OC in the middle of the year. "

Whats your point ?  A&M did the same a couple of years ago and it really did them a lot of good.

My point was that rather than being satisfied with a less than stellar year he did something about it. More than you can say for Dickey who's OC has had less than stellar years of offense for going on 5 years now.

I was never trying to compare A&M to anybody, yes they probably beat us by 50 but look at the guys they get every year. I know RF is not the greatest OC in the country by any means. And I think there are times when he drives all of us to want to start drinking. But I have said it in the past how come in years past when we have been winning and J-MO and Cobbs have been rushing for 200 plus yards you guys dont come on here and say "this offense is terrible, somebody needs to fire the OC" no you guys are on here talking about how great Cobbs and Thomas are.

i think this thread got way off topic. i went to Tennessee my freshman year, and I know first hand that Fulmer is a god there, they put everything they have in the man, even street names. He has served very well at UT, but anytime you are preseason ranked 3rd and you don't make a bowl, flags should be up every where. I don't think that Fulmer will be let go this year, however next year the microscope will be solely on Phat Phil.

I was never trying to compare A&M to anybody, yes they probably beat us by 50 but look at the guys they get every year.  I know RF is not the greatest OC in the country by any means.  And I think there are times when he drives all of us to want to start drinking. But I have said it in the past how come in years past when we have been winning and J-MO and Cobbs have been rushing for 200 plus yards you guys dont come on here and say "this offense is terrible, somebody needs to fire the OC" no you guys are on here talking about how great Cobbs and Thomas are.

I wasn't on here before - and I do not even think Dickey needs to be fired this year. I have sat in stands and called out plays for awhile, even during wins - and while it is nice to win- the system has always been lacking when it comes to beating a team with a better line or equal talent. Now the talent gap, for whatever reason, has closed and we are seeing the 2 win results.

I think Cobbs and Jamario and several other players are pretty great, but that does not mean I support the offense. Winning the Belt games was and is a nice opiate to not deal with the underlying problems, but now it looks we're out of drugs.

From being around NT, the Dickey bandwagon is not new this year or even last year - many people made their minds up long ago. I do not think I have seen much kneejerking, nor will we if both backs post 250 a piece next week. They are great, the system sucks, lets give it one more year and blow it up if things don't go well. If next year doesn't go well, let's pray that the long term damage to the program is minimal.

UNTLifer---

Lemonaide out of lemons??????????

yea, that is what we have been saying......

'00..3 wins

'01..5 wins

'02..8 wins

'03..9 wins

'04..7 wins

'05..2 wins (1 games left).

'06..Winning season!!

All you who want to throw DD under the bus:

1.  who ya going to get??

2.  how much ya goin pay him??

3.  what conference are you going to get us in tomorrow??

1. I think many of us would be surprised who would line up to coach here. Chambers from UT would be at the top of my list.

2. Same thing we are paying DD.

3. It's not about getting in another conference tomorrow. It's about dominating this conference, similar to Marshal in the MAC, and being prepared the next time conference realignment occurs. Either that, or make yourself so appealing that conferences want you.

Again, with apologies to the dead horse, eulesseagle, look at who DD racked up those win totals against. I'm not trying to discredit any of the other schools in the SBC, but the fourth largest university in Texas located in the Metroplex should not be happy to only beat UL-L, UL-M, ASU, etc....

Look at NT's sheer numbers, enrollment and alumni, and tell me that you are happy losing to La. Tech, Tulsa, ULM, ULL, Troy, FAU, etc... We are better than that, and we should expect more.

Are you happy that ULL, ULM, La. Tech come into the Metroplex and out recruit us? Are you happy that our offense is basically ranked dead last in D1? Our you happy with the attitude exhibited by our head coach? I've followed NT all my life, and the last few years under RV's direction have given me hope that NT can live up to its potential. We should be capitalizing on our recent success, the new facilities, the increase in attendance and support, etc... Instead, our HC alienates himself by badmouthing everything about NT. The same ol' same ol' just isn't good enough anymore.

Now the talent gap, for whatever reason, has closed and we are seeing the 2 win results.

I think Cobbs and Jamario and several other players are pretty great, but that does not mean I support the offense. Winning the Belt games was and is a nice opiate to not deal with the underlying problems, but now it looks we're out of drugs.

From being around NT, the Dickey bandwagon is not new this year or even last year - many people made their minds up long ago. I do not think I have seen much kneejerking, nor will we if both backs post 250 a piece next week. They are great, the system sucks, lets give it one more year and blow it up if things don't go well. If next year doesn't go well, let's pray that the long term damage to the program is minimal.

Here's some stats that might be of interest.

2005 SBC Stats

Pay particular attention to the team defensive stats. Totally supports early-season projections that the UNT defense was going to be a work in progress this year.

This year hasn't only been about the offensive struggles.

"We should never lose a game to a sun belt team. just my opinion

This isnt the SEC folks, its a half step above 1AA"

I am sorry but the last time I checked we werent UT, we were U-N-T. Also I dont get the argument of "we are the 4th largest university in Texas " what does that have to do with anything ?