Good Coaching or pitiful Sun Belt?

Got5onIt

Arkansas St. gets crushed by the Black Knights 38-10. Is that because  Bobby Ross is the superior coach or because stAte and the Belt just flat out STINK?

mad.gif  unsure.gif

Depends did Ross manage to convince ASU's QB to throw four lame ducks into traffic (two of which Army managed to actually catch and hold on), fumble three times (losing one), get TWO penalties behind the play on a punt return, and keep a couple Army drives alive with a variety of penalties including two 15 yard face mask calls.

If Ross can do that, he's an awesome coach. If not...

Depends did Ross manage to convince ASU's QB to throw four lame ducks into traffic (two of which Army managed to actually catch and hold on), fumble three times (losing one), get TWO penalties behind the play on a punt return, and keep a couple Army drives alive with a variety of penalties including two 15 yard face mask calls.

We make excuse for other SB schools on this site now? Did FIU decide to start all cripples against WKU to keep it close?

We make excuse for other SB schools on this site now? Did FIU decide to start all cripples against WKU to keep it close?

Excuses? You a dimwit?

The question was that game a result of good coaching or pitiful Sun Belt. Most anyone could see that my opinion was that it wasn't good coaching by Bobby Ross so that leaves the second option.

Excuses? You a dimwit?

The question was that game a result of good coaching or pitiful Sun Belt. Most anyone could see that my opinion was that it wasn't good coaching by Bobby Ross so that leaves the second option.

Gosh, I guess I am a dimwit. My spelling error should have shown you that.

I did not read that you were A-State and you are not in the "ifs and buts" positivity business that many on this board sometimes enjoy. I misread your post as a excuse thread for some reason.

If that games took place in Mean Green Land, many just say if we did not do all of the things you mentioned (turnovers, penalties, etc.) we would have won and all is well. Forget the 300 yds on the ground - it was all just a few mistakes here or there.

Your analysis does bring up an interesting point though: can anyone in this conference play disciplined, low turnover/ mistake football against out of conference opponents more than once every year or two?

Sorry to piss you off after a rough weekend. I know it sucks to feel good about yourself and how you are playing in conference and then have a crappy to barely decent OOC team kick you in the groin and take you out of the game in less than 2 quarters.

So you're implying teams in the Belt just stink. unsure.gif