The key to winning out, give J-Mo at

calvin

It is amazing how the whole season people have been down on J-Mo then last night everyone is fired up about him again. We had the ball for awhile last night, and I think showed what the secret to our sucess should be and that is give J-Mo the ball. I know he has had some untimely fumbles this year, (no excuse there) but he also hasnt been giving a chance either. I think the rest of the year the games will ride on him. Give him the ball and let Patrick be the change of pace guy. If he gets 25-30 carries a game, I think we go 4-0.

Also does going 4-0 and winning the NOB ease some pain and negativity on the board ?

Question?  Do we really want to go to a bowl game with a losing record, only to lose to another non conf team probably in a blowout?  Just curious.

We want to win every game remaining - if a bowl game is one of those games remaining, we shall want to win that too. Are you suggesting we drop a game if we are too close to getting in a bowl to save face?

It is amazing how the whole season people have been down on J-Mo then last night everyone is fired up about him again.  We had the ball for awhile last night, and I think showed what the secret to our sucess should be and that is give J-Mo the ball.  I know he has had some untimely fumbles this year, (no excuse there)  but he also hasnt been giving a chance either.  I think the rest of the year the games will ride on him.  Give him the ball and let Patrick be the change of pace guy.  If he gets 25-30 carries a game, I think we go 4-0.

Also does going 4-0 and winning the NOB ease some pain and negativity on the board ?

I know you love JT with a passion but his 3 fumbles at critical times in the FIU, Troy, and La. Tech games were drive killers and some can look at them as game changers??

PC has been the ones raking up some yards this year and probably would have played most of last night if not for an ankle injury.

Wish there was a way to get both guys the ball 25 times a game but there is not and right now PC is the one holding onto the ball.

Edited by untbowler

Question?  Do we really want to go to a bowl game with a losing record, only to lose to another non conf team probably in a blowout?  Just curious.

If we go to a bowl game it will be with a 6-5 record and then lose in Bowl game that is only .500 so not sure what the point is b/c we will not go to a bowl game with a losing record.

If we go to a bowl game it will be with a 6-5 record and then lose in Bowl game that is only .500 so not sure what the point is b/c we will not go to a bowl game with a losing record.

Am I understanding you correctly that you would advise us to drop a game or 2 this season to save face?

just an opinion here..but the most yards were gained by the offense when the 2 TE set was in...the freshman Brown looked great(they should throw the ball his way at the goal line) but just the plays that were run off the 2 TE set gained more yardage then on single TE..

Welcome Soonerdon,

The two TE set is the most effective set in the DD offense. MeanGreenPop will tell you that throwing the ball to Brown is what the offense is missing.

J/K MeanGreenPop.

Charley does need to get more involved in the offense, as do all of the receivers.

There are way to many bowls as it is... I would be fine if the NCAA adopted a 8 win rule.

Even if you cut the number of bowls by 25%, you'd always have the problem with having enough teams filling bowl slots. What you'll then see is the "TTU schedule" being employed by more teams to get as many easy wins as possible before going into conference play.

There are way to many bowls as it is... I would be fine if the NCAA adopted a 8 win rule.

I agree except on one condition...if you win the conference you should go to a bowl game. If your record is 10-2 or 5-7 you deserve to go bowling should you win the conference......even if the conference is the Sun belt.

A lot of bowl talk is probably a bit premature until at least after the FL Atlantic game, but the SBC might be lucky enough to get a bit weaker CUSA team this year than we have in the past. We would obviously need some MAJOR improvements over the next month and a half, but a date in Lafayette with a pretty good UH team just doesn't sound all that formidable. Maybe I can start dreaming in a couple of weeks. wink.gif