Cobbs/Thomas

fatcat255

I thought that Cobbs was running better on Saturday night. Plus I really believe that Jamario is not at full strength. I think you could see that on several runs in which there was a hole that he didn't hit as hard as he would last year.

As the season goes on the workload will even out. Jamario's not going to throw a fit if he only gets 10 carries every other game.

man we are quick to kick PC to the curb after JT last year, why don't we just trust DD to get the job done. JT also has a hamstring issue that appears as if it will not go away. He had it all last year that caused him to miss gametime.

Just let DD run the ship and everything will work out. wink.gif

man we are quick to kick PC to the curb after JT last year, why don't we just trust DD to get the job done. JT also has a hamstring issue that appears as if it will not go away. He had it all last year that caused him to miss gametime.

Just let DD run the ship and everything will work out.  wink.gif

I agree! How can you turn on PC after all he has done here? Very selfish people on this thread!! GO COBBS!!!! I STILL SUPPORT YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest JohnDenver

Thomas has been bothered by a hamstring pull all pre-season. He was rubbing it while on the sidelines at times ... I would venture to guess that has something to do with it because some vast conspiracy to make Cobbs look better.

Use your heads a little. Everyone knows Thomas's strengths -- as we know Cobb's. This game was played *just* like we all know Dickey to do. He didn't want to fumble. He didn't really need to score. He needed the chains the move and not to turnover.

Guess what? We won the game without risking Jamario's hamstring. Sounds like a good plan to me.

George Dunham commented that he thought Jamario seemed maybe a step slower than usual; goes along with the hamstring thing.

Cobbs was tearing the MUTS up on the ground, and was our leading receiver.

Jamario had a better per-carry average, but I think Cobbs was more consistent.

It did seem like we should have run Jamario outside more than we did.

I thought that Cobbs was running better on Saturday night.  Plus I really believe that Jamario is not at full strength.  I think you could see that on several runs in which there was a hole that he didn't hit as hard as he would last year.

As the season goes on the workload will even out.  Jamario's not going to throw a fit if he only gets 10 carries every other game.

OK...JT had, what, all of 10 carries. PC had almost 30 carries. I am sure that it would be easier to get into a groove with the more runs that you have. Also, and as someone pointed out, JT avg. gain was better than PC.

I do not think we really want to start the JT vs. PC debate...the real issue is why they are not both on the field at the same time. If they truly are the SB's best two players...one or the other does you no good on the sidelines.

JohnDenver

Thomas has been bothered by a hamstring pull all pre-season. He was rubbing it while on the sidelines at times ... I would venture to guess that has something to do with it because some vast conspiracy to make Cobbs look better.

Use your heads a little. Everyone knows Thomas's strengths -- as we know Cobb's. This game was played *just* like we all know Dickey to do. He didn't want to fumble. He didn't really need to score. He needed the chains the move and not to turnover.

Guess what? We won the game without risking Jamario's hamstring. Sounds like a good plan to me.

Again, from his vantage point on the side line saturday night, I have to thank JD.

I spoke with SPJMo after the game outside the lockerroom and he was all smiles. He and the rest of the team were very happy to come away with a win.

Rick

I know this more than likely would never happen, bu tI would hate to see J-Mo get pissed and play for someone else. 

He never redshirted here, and wouldn't lose any eligibility to go play somewhere else.

Hate me, but it could happen

DAWG, I hate to respond at all, because this just ain't gonna happen, but FYI you cannot redshirt your lost year of eligibility. That's why they call it LOSING a year. If (theoretically) JT were to transfer after this season, he would sit out next year and have one year of eligibility remaining. If he redshirted, it would be the year after next, allowing his senior season to be in the fall of '08.

Again, just FYI.

DAWG, I hate to respond at all, because this just ain't gonna happen, but FYI you cannot redshirt your lost year of eligibility.  That's why they call it LOSING a year.  If (theoretically) JT were to transfer after this season, he would sit out next year and have one year of eligibility remaining.  If he redshirted, it would be the year after next, allowing his senior season to be in the fall of '08.

Again, just FYI.

nm

Edited by GreenN'walinsVet

DAWG, I hate to respond at all, because this just ain't gonna happen, but FYI you cannot redshirt your lost year of eligibility.  That's why they call it LOSING a year.  If (theoretically) JT were to transfer after this season, he would sit out next year and have one year of eligibility remaining.  If he redshirted, it would be the year after next, allowing his senior season to be in the fall of '08.

Again, just FYI.

IMHO, Jamario Thomas would transfer to the NFL rolleyes.gif before he'd transfer to any other NCAA school besides the one he's at. JT"s mother (basically) said last year that her son will be at NORTH TEXAS as long as he plays college ball.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

It has been said before, but, apparently, it bears repeating.

Coach Dickey mentioned several times that there were difficulties in getting certain plays in. The one time we did see a PC/J-Mo backfield, we had to call a timeout because something went wrong. And, in a dogfight like we were in, we really couldn't afford to get too complicated. One bad play call could have ended the game.

We'll see them both in the backfield. There were a lot of plays practiced during the summer with this formation, and we will definitely see them. They haven't been thrown out of the playbook. Just be patient.

Jamario WILL get playing time. He WILL get carries. Don't worry about that. Coach Dickey and PC himself have said several times that the carries will even out as the season goes along. If Saturday was the result of a hamstring or fatigue or illness or just wanting to keep one back fresh instead of exhausting them both, it has little bearing on next week.