Dickey to host football clinic for women

SUMG

(Deep, I know that you posted this....but when you did, I thought you were talking about that Mike Leach clinic and never read that thread. So, I'm reposting this, just in case there are others, who didn't read that thread, because they didn't know it was about UNT. Here it is:

Attention ladies! Looking to increase your knowledge about college football? Are you interested in getting an inside peek at the North Texas football program? North Texas head football coach Darrell Dickey and his staff will conduct the first annual football clinic for women on Thursday, August 4th, beginning at 6 p.m. at the Mean Green Athletic Center on Bonnie Brae in Denton.

“Football 101” will offer women the opportunity to ask questions concerning college football, and have the NT coaching staff provide the insight and answers. Senior running back Patrick Cobbs, senior place kicker Nick Bazuldua, junior wide receiver Johnny Quinn and senior defensive tackle Chris Miller will sit on a players panel and will be available to sign autographs and posters following the clinic.

Hosted by Tory Dickey and Sandra Robinson, the football clinic will also include favors, free hors d'oeuvres and cocktails.

Advance registration for the event is required by July 29 and can be made by calling Mandy McKinley at 940-369-7034 or by e-mail at mckinley@unt.edu. The cost of the clinic is $10.00.

Post from the ASU board about a similar event at Ole Miss where 400 attended. Interesting to see how many this Mean Green event might attract.

"I'm not aware of this kind of event happening at ASU, but I just read in a Mississippi newspaper where Ole Miss had a "Football for Ladies" Day at their school recently. The article said that 400 ladies from all over attended the event and they were very impressed with what they saw and learned.

The new Rebels head coach, Ed Orgeron, with present and past players and others helped with the instruction and showing them around the facilities. Needless to say, the ladies were impressed and got all excited about the upcoming season.

I know we have many women fans who know a lot about football but they and others might benefit from a similar event at ASU, maybe starting in 2006. This could help build our fan base as well".

Edited by MeanGreen61

I don't think they'll get many women from outside Denton on a weekday at 6pm...the rushhour drive up there at that time is a killer.  Why not a Sunday afternoon?

Because (this being the Bible Belt) many women will be home with their families on a Sunday afternoon, or just getting out of church. A Saturday might be a bit better.

Because (this being the Bible Belt) many women will be home with their families on a Sunday afternoon, or just getting out of church. A Saturday might be a bit better.

I thought there had to be a reason that the malls closed at 6 on Sundays...

If I can get the OK to switch hours with a co-worker, I'll be there! If I can't, I'll be wishing I was there! I've watched football since I moved to Abilene from Anchorage, AK when I was 12, but I know there's still some things that elude me. Plus, I guess I'm a DOW! Ha!

I'll be driving up early from Euless if I get to attend. Should know late this afternoon or early tomorrow if anyone wants to carpool.

GMG!

I don't care what day of the week they book stuff on,  some people will always find a problem with it... If they booked on Saturday we'd be reading posts "we got the kids T-ball games on Saturday,   Couldn't they schedule it during the week?"

6pm on a Thursday. Have you ever driven from Dallas to Denton between 4-6pm on a weeknight? <_<

Edited by NT80

• 2 weeks later...

I had no idea Coach Dickey had such a great sense of humor! Patrick, Nick and Johnny are all very polite and personable young men. (I have picures, but I don't know how to post them.) Everyone involved did a great job! I would love to attend Football 102 for a little more indepth information. Thanks for the great time!

GMG!

I had no idea Coach Dickey had such a great sense of humor!  Patrick, Nick and Johnny are all very polite and personable young men.  (I have picures, but I don't know how to post them.)  Everyone involved did a great job!  I would love to attend Football 102 for a little more indepth information.  Thanks for the great time!

GMG!

I didn't realize he had such a sense of humor either. I would also attend a Football 102 meeting.