The former semi-pro Mustang showed open disgust at the prospect of Boise State AND Utah crashing the BCS party. He said in a disgusted tone (not exact quote, but close enough), "you CANNOT have two MID-MAJORS playing in a bowl championship series game".

Craig, in lieu of a more appropriate and harsher suggestion, go fly a kite.

The BCS exists not to crown a national champ, it exists to pay millions upon millions to the schools that don't need it just for being there, it is a sham and is ruining college football.

GO A&M! Let's get TWO non-BCS schools taking money from the BCS pot!

The former semi-pro Mustang showed open disgust at the prospect of Boise State AND Utah crashing the BCS party.  He said in a disgusted tone (not exact quote, but close enough), "you CANNOT have two MID-MAJORS playing in a bowl championship series game".

Craig, in lieu of a more appropriate and harsher suggestion, go fly a kite.

The BCS exists not to crown a national champ, it exists to pay millions upon millions to the schools that don't need it just for being there, it is a sham and is ruining college football.

GO A&M!  Let's get TWO non-BCS schools taking money from the BCS pot!

Coach, to hear that brash and over-confident Craig James talk you'd think he must have gone to $MU or something! Oh, I forgot, he did play on that $emi-pro team back then! blink.gif

Anyone else think Craig James likes to opinonate what he perceives the sports broadcast moguls and executives want to hear? wink.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

That hacked me off too, Coach. I heard that elitist jerk say that, and thought, "What is it any of your business if 4 mid-majors are in BCS Bowls?"

What the NCAA football powers-that-be will never understand: People pull for underdogs. Upstart programs. The NCAA b-ball tourney wouldn't be called "March Madness" if it was just the top teams from the biggest conferences playing, would it? No, the Gonzagas and Weber States of the world, help give March Madness its' charm.

BTW........why wasn't one-half of The Phony Express....half as mad that there might be a team like Boston College or Pittsburgh in a BCS bowl. You gonna tell me those are more deserving than Boise State or Utah?

Bah...the BCS system makes me want to hurl.

If you think about it, DIA football is the only NCAA sport without a tourney system. I've heard all sorts of arguments:

1. "It would take too much time": Wrong. We can still have a coherent season with tourneys/playoffs. Basketball works the same way, as does

DIAA football. And I bet football fans would like more games per year. I like the possibility of more games in playoffs. Playoffs can also keep the

games full of variety. Instead of always seeing USC/OU/UT/FSU/LSU whomever, we can see upstart teams in the playoffs. If whatever school

is as good as they should be, they shouldn't lose to an upstart team.

2. "The teams that are from the small conferences will still get beaten": Well, yes and no. Yes, because we'd still have to get more money to improve

program. But once that happens by making it further and further up the playoffs ladder, any team can upset any team. The only thing that can

separate us from beating UT is money. More exposure to potential wins OOC means more money.

3. "What about the bowl games?": We can keep them. Treat them in a similar way that we do now. Certain bowl games go team with certain place rankings.

You know what a tourney/playoffs system does to the BCS? It does the one thing that scares them most. It takes away their power over college football. The system would let the TEAMS decide who the best in the nation is...not the coaches, AP, ESPN or whomever. The best team in the nation is a fact, and not a disputed opinion.