SB at Memphis (4/19-21/24)

Opportunity to beat up on one of the worst teams in the country in Memphis (5-34, 1-17). Really can't let them steal one like UTSA did a few weeks ago. This could help solidify a top two seed (top two seeds would only need to win two games in the conference tournament to win the title) if Tulsa takes 2 of 3 from Charlotte this weekend.

SCHOOL CONF CPCT. OVERALL PCT. HOME AWAY NEUTRAL THIS WEEKEND
Florida Atlantic 13-5

33-12 .733

19-6

11-6

3-0

vs. UTSA

North Texas 12-6 .667 25-19 .568 15-8 7-9 3-2 at Memphis
Charlotte 12-6 .667 26-16 .619 12-8 9-7 5-1 vs. Tulsa
Tulsa 12-6 .667 27-15 .643 13-3 9-8 5-4 at Charlotte
UAB 11-7 .611 20-22 .476 13-5 2-13 5-4 at Wichita State
Wichita State 10-8 .556 19-18 .514 5-6 9-8 5-4 vs. UAB
South Florida 9-9 .500 30-16 .652 23-11 7-5 0-0 at East Carolina
East Carolina 7-11 .389 30-15 .667 21-7 5-8 4-0 vs. South Florida
UTSA 3-15 .167 12-34 .261 3-10 2-14 7-10 at Florida Atlantic
Memphis 1-17 .056 5-34 .128 4-16 1-13 0-5 vs. North Texas

34 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Black jerseys tonight, pinstripes tomorrow, green on Sunday.

Believe it or not, that's progress. We didn't wear green at all last weekend.

Aren't our pinstripes black?

15 minutes ago, untcampbell said:

Make it 11-0. Still top of the first, still no outs. Six hits, 4 BBs, 3 errors.

GMG

Up 12-0 after 1. Seems like Rodney held Cierra at third twice.....with us up by 11. Looked like she could have easily scored on a sac fly.....or that wild pitch. She did score later on a hit. I guess he's not wanting to run up the score?

• Upvote 2

On 4/19/2024 at 7:44 PM, UNTLifer said:

Need the bats to wake up. 

I would like to thank the ladies for taking my advice.

Great game.  Could have scored four or five more runs.  Savage was solid in the circle and Simon made a great play in the hole.  Let's go sweep this.

Need Childers to find her mojo.

200.gif

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

I hope none of that FedEx NIL money goes to Memphis softball because it'd be nice to have at least one cupcake in the conference to look forward to playing.

Most likely NIL $ going to their women’s soccer program, they’ve been to the Elite 8 of the NCAA Tournament the last two years!

Up 4-0 already in the second of the finale against Memphis.

Charlotte has already swept Tulsa this weekend, meaning if win today we'll have the same conference record as Charlotte and I don't know what the next tiebreaker is if we haven't played each other yet.

However, UTSA and FAU are tied at 1 apiece right now. If UTSA somehow pulls the upset today, there would be a three-way tie for first. Between the three teams, UNT would be 2-1 against the field, FAU 3-3, and Charlotte 1-2.

The last series in Charlotte two weeks from now will be HUGE.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

She's finally in the game now in the 5th and pitched only one inning yesterday. Wagoner got the start again today. Is Childers hurt?

Don't think she's hurt. I think RD is just easing her back into things...after that rough outing against the Ags.

Glad our gals took care of business. MU is the worst team I've ever watched. Horribly coached. I bet you they bobbled 15 balls this weekend. (Like on throws to first or third. Even when we'd hit a ground ball single to the OF.....many times they bobbled it--allowing us to get an extra base (or two). Go Mean Green!

14 minutes ago, SUMG said:

Don't think she's hurt. I think RD is just easing her back into things...after that rough outing against the Ags.

Glad our gals took care of business. MU is the worst team I've ever watched. Horribly coached. I bet you they bobbled 15 balls this weekend. (Like on throws to first or third. Even when we'd hit a ground ball single to the OF.....many times they bobbled it--allowing us to get an extra base (or two). Go Mean Green!

I agree on Childers.  She had lost the strike zone, and with it, her confidence.  DeLong put her in situations to succeed and she looked like her old self today.  It appears she gets in trouble trying to overthrow the ball instead of trusting what she has.  He stuff is electric.  Good to see her with a smile on her face after the game.

Memphis is horrible.  99.9% of the mistakes they made were just from being lazy fielding the ball.  Their coach has a good background, and this must be frustrating to her, but that roster needs an overhaul.  They may have already given up on the season. The only player that impressed me in the field was their shortstop.

Yeah, the Texas A&M game sucked, but to go from a 12-0 run rule loss a few weeks ago to a win would have been quite the turnaround. We definitely took care of business in the five games we should have taken care of business in, outscoring TAMU Commerce and Memphis 51-4 in five games.

Memphis had 7 hits and 8 errors this weekend.

• Upvote 1