Join the Mean Green Infantry

Keep rockin Matt!  It's not easy for me to travel in this phase of life but I will as I can.  My daughter wants to go to the conference tournament at Dickey's so we will likely do that if you guys are doing anything for it.  Good work dawg!

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, tmjerm said:

Keep rockin Matt!  It's not easy for me to travel in this phase of life but I will as I can.  My daughter wants to go to the conference tournament at Dickey's so we will likely do that if you guys are doing anything for it.  Good work dawg!

Thank you!! If you ever do get the chance to travel, let me know if you'd like a travel rewards credit card so I can those referral points/miles. 👀

It would be tough to do a formal group outing for the conference tournament since we don't know when we will play yet. A 2, 3, 6, 7, or 10 seed would prevent us from playing any middle-of-the-day games. But a lot of us will still go, especially since I work in Fort Worth. Hope we can fill Dickies like we packed The Star last year.

• Thanks 1

On 2/16/2024 at 9:44 AM, Matt from A700 said:

Apologies in advance if this is an inappropriate or spammy post, but I wanted to extend an invitation to join the Mean Green Infantry. We are a new, unsponsored group of passionate Mean Green fans dedicated to increasing fan and alumni engagement and raising our profile by coordinating group outings to make our presence felt at away and neutral site games.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/meangreeninfantry

Last weekend we had over 35 people buy together for the men's basketball game at SMU. We're going even bigger for the last game of the regular season at Rice. So join us! Those group tickets are only $10-30. We're also working on a pregame tailgate. Here's the link to our event page for the Rice game, I'll be making our initial purchase of tickets next week:

https://www.facebook.com/share/RQYQAKVGsHKZXjTY/?mibextid=9VsGKo

20240212_165520.jpg.3399cdb51900f0a19d87aa642dadb887.jpg

Hmmm, interesting idea. It would seem to go along well with our military-sounding nickname for the  Band "The Green Brigade".   Are you going to develop a flag/guidon that represents this passionate clan from the North Texas alumni/fan base? IF so, a natural representation of an infantry would be someone walking like this guy....

Image result for North Texas "walking eagle" school image

....or maybe this guy.....Image result for North Texas "walking eagle" school image

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Hmmm, interesting idea. It would seem to go along well with our military-sounding nickname for the  Band "The Green Brigade".   Are you going to develop a flag/guidon that represents this passionate clan from the North Texas alumni/fan base? IF so, a natural representation of an infantry would be someone walking like this guy....

Image result for North Texas "walking eagle" school image

....or maybe this guy.....Image result for North Texas "walking eagle" school image

I'd love to keep building this. I'm really hoping for a good response for this Rice game. There has been good feedback from some of the alumni association networks, including the head of the Houston one. A good turnout/tailgate for the Rice game could give us some nice momentum to do some big things for the 2024 football season. I've been dreaming about that South Alabama game + Labor Day Gulf Shores trip for a while now.

To me I think this group could bridge a gap between the Maniacs/Talons and the Alumni Association.

• Upvote 2

Great work and great idea. Organized supporter groups make noise, get tv shots and lift the energy of our away team. You captured the attention of the smu fans on their board.

I went to Rice last year and that gym was already loud with our good Houston alumni base down there. That game is going to rock. 

GMG 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/21/2024 at 1:33 AM, NM Green said:

Great work and great idea. Organized supporter groups make noise, get tv shots and lift the energy of our away team. You captured the attention of the smu fans on their board.

I went to Rice last year and that gym was already loud with our good Houston alumni base down there. That game is going to rock. 

GMG 

Thank you!! That's the goal! I want to impact the game so that the broadcasters comment on the "large contingent of opposing fans".

I went to the Rice game too last year, that was my first time at Tudor Fieldhouse. If you decide to make the trip again this year let me know!

• Upvote 1