When I decided to attend the University of North Texas, I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. Everybody seemed to have it figured out, but as I scrolled through the list of majors to decide my fate for the next four years of my life, all I knew was that I liked to write. Eventually, I landed upon journalism.

At my high school just north of San Antonio, I was a marching band nerd and was never involved in the yearbook or school paper. Writing was the one thing I clung to, and before I knew it, I was writing weekly news articles for the North Texas Daily at UNT and loving every moment of it. 

After a summer news reporting internship at the Denton Record-Chronicle, I was asked to be a freelance sports reporter for the paper to assist in writing high school football recaps. I barely knew what a first down was, but before I knew it, I was sitting in press boxes and interviewing players and coaches on Friday nights. 

I went on to cover the National Invitation Tournament-winning North Texas basketball team for the Daily, and wrote various sports stories and features throughout my final semester. I had the pleasure of covering the three-time Conference USA champion women’s golf team, and some of the top ranked collegiate track and field athletes in the country. 

read more:  https://www.wcmessenger.com/articles/a-new-journey-begins/

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, cousin oliver said:

When I decided to attend the University of North Texas, I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. Everybody seemed to have it figured out, but as I scrolled through the list of majors to decide my fate for the next four years of my life, all I knew was that I liked to write. Eventually, I landed upon journalism.

At my high school just north of San Antonio, I was a marching band nerd and was never involved in the yearbook or school paper. Writing was the one thing I clung to, and before I knew it, I was writing weekly news articles for the North Texas Daily at UNT and loving every moment of it. 

After a summer news reporting internship at the Denton Record-Chronicle, I was asked to be a freelance sports reporter for the paper to assist in writing high school football recaps. I barely knew what a first down was, but before I knew it, I was sitting in press boxes and interviewing players and coaches on Friday nights. 

I went on to cover the National Invitation Tournament-winning North Texas basketball team for the Daily, and wrote various sports stories and features throughout my final semester. I had the pleasure of covering the three-time Conference USA champion women’s golf team, and some of the top ranked collegiate track and field athletes in the country. 

read more:  https://www.wcmessenger.com/articles/a-new-journey-begins/

Is this you?  

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Is this you?  

@cousin oliver just my humble 0.02, but when providing articles and quotes from said articles, I would put link/source first (bonus if you provide author), ahead of the main content/quote.  It's just a flow thing: helps setup the reader to understand this is not you speaking/thinking.

For example: 

via Jillian Nachtigal @ https://www.wcmessenger.com/articles/a-new-journey-begins/

[content/quote]

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2