Sunday Morning Uni Watch

Coach Andy Mac

Good Sunday Morning Uni Watchers, and welcome to Week 10 of the Sunday Morning Uni Watch. I hope everyone is enjoying their “extra” hour of sleep today.

While there was plenty of uni shenanigans yesterday (it’s S&S/GI Jokevember after all), today’s splash photo is of a team that doesn’t get much coverage ’round these parts: the University of North Texas, aka the “Mean Green.” The team looked more like the neon green yesterday, as they wore throwback uniforms and helmets, with the logo lovingly referred to as the “Flying Worm.”

I wouldn’t quite call the “neon” green chartreuse, but it’s close…and chartreuse is a color that is sorely lacking in sports. When it’s done right, like these are — the simple block numbers outlined in black, the green helmet with classic striping — it’s all good. It would have looked even better with pants stripes matching those on the helmet, but other than that, I have no complaints. It didn’t hurt that UNT’s opponents, Florida International, went mono-blue, rendering the matchup both high-contrast and pleasing to the eye. A nice little mid-to-late season break from the usual “icy whites” and “blackout” uniforms so prevalent these days.

read more: https://uni-watch.com/2022/11/06/sunday-morning-uni-watch-148/

• Thanks 1