News from Memphis (math is fun, and deceptive)

untcampbell

My Memphis buddy sent a few tidbits that made the local fish wrap.

*Memphis is getting ready to play a North Texas team that ranks second in the country in plays of at least 10 yards (70) and plays of at least 30 yards (13). The Mean Green is also tied for fifth in plays of at least 40 yards (7) and fourth in plays of at least 50 yards (4). So the Tigers can’t afford to miss too many tackles.

*And coach’s comments on GGunnell:

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/college/memphis-tigers/2022/09/19/memphis-football-ryan-silverfield-on-qb-grant-gunnels-transfer-to-north-texas/8039023001/

See you in Memphis.

GMG

• Upvote 2

We need to Let Grant get his feet back under him -- I think we made a 13th hour deal and feel bound to it with Austin - I like the guy and want him to succeed but he was a 50% passer coming into this year and the staff said he'd upped his completions rate to over 70% in the spring yet -- he's a 50% still --   Kinda like inflation is transitory 😞

• Upvote 3