TCU vs SMU

MEANGREENCOACH2

Don't understand why anybody thought smu had a chance. Even up 9-0 they looked bad. Half way through the 3rd SMU had 154 total yards meaning 1/3 of their yards came off their TD run. Through the first half it was about 1/2 of their yards off the 51 yard run. The safety was luck. They've looked bad, they just got lucky a couple times.

Just now, Harry said:

This announcer is making me sick.   He keeps saying how badly SMU played against us.  Gives UNT no cred.

Radio announcers just joked about SMUs horrible performance against UNT saying UNT is a really good team then saying TCU is a different deal bla bla 16th ranked yada yada. Little credit?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

.....and this game is supposedly their real rivalry game. SMU has to be perfect with their coaching hires because no one shows up even when they’re winning. Sonny Dykes is who we thought he was, a risky re-tread. 

I felt like Dykes was the "safe" hire kind of like June was at the time.  That usually never gets you anywhere.  

1 minute ago, peanuts104 said:

Man, this announcer must've been paid a boat load to be shining this much butt with his tongue.

ESPN needs the money. There are probably "incentives" in the broadcast contract.

Just now, oldguystudent said:

I'm 46 years old, drunk most of the time, and overweight.  I'm pretty sure I can throw a more accurate pass than Hicks. 

I'm close friends with the enemy, one of my best friends is an SMU diehard.  He has been telling me for 2 seasons that Hicks is awful and from the limited action I've seen, I haven't believed it.  This season has exposed him.

Last week, and again tonight, I thought I detected a SMUt tendency to play with energy and aggressiveness until they hit a little adversity. Just a small setback seemed to take the starch right out of them. As for Hicks, his body language says to me that he gets a bad attack of the givashits after a screwup or two. They need coaching on the Hilltop! JMHO.