Extremely Rare Video of UNT & Joe Greene vs Texas Tech Frosh

PlummMeanGreen

22 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Plummer where do you dig up this stuff?  Enjoyed watching.

Well, Phil, even a blind hog finds an acorn?  I actually thought I had already posted this years ago on GMG.com, but since turning age 39 for the 27'th year in a row on Thanksgiving Day the memory seems to be fading (some).  How's your cousin Guido in Sicily these days?  I might have a job for him.  :Bang2:  (just kiddin')

See ya' at the HOD  Bowl game Tuesday week!  

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Well, Phil, even a blind hog finds an acorn?  I actually thought I had already posted this years ago on GMG.com, but since turning age 39 for the 27'th year in a row on Thanksgiving Day the memory seems to be fading (some).  How's your cousin Guido in Sicily these days?  I might have a job for him.  :Bang2:  (just kiddin')

See ya' at the HOD  Bowl game Tuesday week!  

GMG!

Another thing Plummer, as C O L O R F U L a poster that you are known for being, how did you recognize something in B L A C K and W H I T E?

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Another thing Plummer, as C O L O R F U L a poster that you are known for being, how did you recognize something in B L A C K and W H I T E?

I am a fan of the penguin & nuns & Groucho's "You Bet Your Life" (all episodes in black & white). 

Hard for me to do color letters on my smartphone, too. 

I really wish we had other Mean Green memories on video & one I'd love to see is that pass SWC refs said Ron Shanklin  dropped against Arkansas that would have won that game.  As you'd know, that was the Razorback team that would play for an NCAA National Championship against DKR's Texas Longhorns the next Fall.  

Never understood, Phil, why we kept going backwards instead of forward after some pretty good UNT teams in the 60's & 70's.  

✳️ I think all the pieces are in place now for this program to really catapult, though, especially due to the Mean Green Village (& Apogee), our enrollment expected to sky-rocket to 45,000 & (still) our prime location.  ➡️Remember how Kansas State had their numerous decades in the NCAA wilderness, but turned it around with (at the time) none of our above listed positive benefits?  

Edited by PlummMeanGreen