Why not a State Fair game for North Texas?

TripleGrad

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 7:31 PM, Mike Jackson said:

I thought toward the end Jerry was open to a Fair Park stadium.  I even recalled plans released only to keep the iconic entrance to the Cotton Bowl as an entrance to a plaza leading to the new stadium.  So was my assessment that the City of Dallas needed money from Dallas County to make the finances of a Fair Park location palatable to Jerry correct?  Or is my memory off?

The State Fair site was going to keep the Cotton Bowl entrance and demolish the historic stock yards.   Which is another reason I think JJ was against it, we wanted to get away from name "cotton bowl". 

The downtown site was going to require moving a major power sub-station.

I saw Steven Jones speak last week at commercial real estate event, where he basically said the family finally felt like the got it right with the Star in Frisco because of all the surrounding development possibilities (read land the Cowboys own a piece of).

The Fair Park location did have enough upside for side projects (hotels, shopping, etc.) that the Cowboys would own a piece of.

11 hours ago, shaft said:

The State Fair site was going to keep the Cotton Bowl entrance and demolish the historic stock yards.   Which is another reason I think JJ was against it, we wanted to get away from name "cotton bowl". 

The downtown site was going to require moving a major power sub-station.

I saw Steven Jones speak last week at commercial real estate event, where he basically said the family finally felt like the got it right with the Star in Frisco because of all the surrounding development possibilities (read land the Cowboys own a piece of).

The Fair Park location did have enough upside for side projects (hotels, shopping, etc.) that the Cowboys would own a piece of.

Building a new power sub-station near the Star up here in Frisco has proven to be a challenge.