The Big 12 May Be Close To Naming Two New Members

Cerebus

18 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Really? Have you invested at the club seat level? What is your giving level?

You wanna have a D measuring contest? Whip it out.

So your club seats alone should've gotten us into the Big 12 discussion? I don't have club seats but I'm not bitching about the program's effectiveness when the revenues aren't there to give a Big12 caliber resume. Maybe Wren Baker can find us a big donor but we certainly are nowhere close to having a T. Boone or even a Tilman Fertitta at this point.

Edit.

Hold on one damn minute. What is this business?

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

So your club seats alone should've gotten us into the Big 12 discussion? I don't have club seats but I'm not bitching about the program's effectiveness when the revenues aren't there to give a Big12 caliber resume. Maybe Wren Baker can find us a big donor but we certainly are nowhere close to having a T. Boone or even a Tilman Fertitta at this point.

Edit.

Hold one damn minute. What is this business?

Yep, it's a long term commitment, my friend. That WAS a one year deal.

But since you brought up the topic, some of you will be sad to learn (others happy, maybe) that due to mutual circumstances involving both parties, I have been allowed to purchase those tickets back this year from the person who purchased them from me. I have to say that doing business with this individual was a pleasure, and gives me hope for the mean green fan base as a whole.

And for those hoping not to see my ugly mug in the club level th S year? Well, suck it, pals. 

Im back. 

Again, what is your commitment level? I showed you mine...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

30 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

SMU's Recruiting Coordinator?

make-it-rain-dollars.gif

Back on topic, I think the Big XII expands with BYU and Cincinnati and then UT and OU bolt at first opportunity.

Yes, Texas, OU, KU, and probably WVU are all parts the other power conferences will be interested in, particularly the first three. You have three kings of the revenue sports, two AAU members (UT, KU), OU has the whole most National merit Scholars thing for their academic asterisk, and all three have national followings and deliver good to great TV markets.

My guess is that the Big XII will expand with BYU and Cincy--the northern schools want a solid market to get into for recruiting, while WVU needs a lifeline to the conference. BYU will bring in great football and basketball, along with a lot of eyeballs.

UH should be doing all they can to get into the Pac or ACC, if possible. I just don't see how UH gets into the Big XII with the city they have already being covered by the conference. BYU and Cincy can be sold, fairly easily I might add, to the network executives. UH needs to try and use this time to get out west before Texas and OU decide to try again out there. They need to sell the Pac Network on Houston's TV market and Texas recruiting. I still think that is their best chance of being P5 one day.

13 hours ago, UNT90 said:

I know your expectations for this program by your posts on here, and they are embarrassingly low. You call me names and hate me because of my stance on RV and you say I'm hateful about everything about this program when, in reality, you are describing yourself with your consistent acceptance of low performance levels for this program.

I'll expect more. I'll expect UNT to continue to advance up the FBS ladder and I expect consequences if they don't. 

You can continue your small minded attacks if you like, but one of these days, this program will out perform your wildest dreams, and we will drag your low expectation ass with us, kicking, screaming, and insulting us the whole way. 

Please show me one post that reflect my "embarrassingly low" expectations.  Just one.  While you are at it, show me the threads where I call you names and stated I hate you.  I don't hate you.  I feel sorry for you.  My expectations for our program are that we should be on level with the other big FBS schools in the state including UT and A&M.  No reason we should not be.  But, I also understand that this does not occur overnight.  I'll sit and wait on your replies to my requests above.  I would guess they would show up somewhere between your name calling and patting yourself on your back for you club level donations and seats...seats that you sold.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

23 hours ago, Cerebus said:

The Big 12 May Be Close To Naming Two New Members

Some may see UH getting into the B12 good for us, but it's just going to devalue our recruiting sales pitch.

It's also bad for us because it's yet another biannual trip into Texas for Big 12 schools, lessening the need/desire for them to consider home and homes with Texas G5s...games which are already scarce, even from Big 12 schools.

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Please show me one post that reflect my "embarrassingly low" expectations.  Just one.  While you are at it, show me the threads where I call you names and stated I hate you.  I don't hate you.  I feel sorry for you.  My expectations for our program are that we should be on level with the other big FBS schools in the state including UT and A&M.  No reason we should not be.  But, I also understand that this does not occur overnight.  I'll sit and wait on your replies to my requests above.  I would guess they would show up somewhere between your name calling and patting yourself on your back for you club level donations and seats...seats that you sold.

Or over 15 years, right? And that's just fine with you. 

People will recall your posts. You can't have a civil discussion with me on any issue without snark or personal attack. Again, it goes back to you wanting to kill the messenger over RV. It goes back to you having your feelings hurt over the way a group of alums extended their displeasure with the last AD, who you supported until 66-7, maybe even a bit after. 

I feel sorry for people who can't seperate issues, who can't understand the long term outlook may be VERY different than the short term outlook. So, yes, I feel sorry for you. 

#expectmore

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

14 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

I think that BYU is a lock.  If football gets the majority of weight then I think that Houston's chosen.  If basketball gets equal weight then I believe that Cincinnati is the choice.

Or, simple geography.  The other thing is OU's president has been as vocal a supporter of Cincy as Tech and Texas have been of Houston...so, we'll see.

Either one is simply paying rent to OU and Texas until those two leave anyway.

12 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Yes, Texas, OU, KU, and probably WVU are all parts the other power conferences will be interested in, particularly the first three. You have three kings of the revenue sports, two AAU members (UT, KU), OU has the whole most National merit Scholars thing for their academic asterisk, and all three have national followings and deliver good to great TV markets.

My guess is that the Big XII will expand with BYU and Cincy--the northern schools want a solid market to get into for recruiting, while WVU needs a lifeline to the conference. BYU will bring in great football and basketball, along with a lot of eyeballs.

UH should be doing all they can to get into the Pac or ACC, if possible. I just don't see how UH gets into the Big XII with the city they have already being covered by the conference. BYU and Cincy can be sold, fairly easily I might add, to the network executives. UH needs to try and use this time to get out west before Texas and OU decide to try again out there. They need to sell the Pac Network on Houston's TV market and Texas recruiting. I still think that is their best chance of being P5 one day.

Pac-12 already watered itself down by adding Utah.  I doubt they ever consider Houston.  They add absolutely nothing to a conference vying with the Big 12 to be least competitive among the P5.

23 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Yep, it's a long term commitment, my friend. That WAS a one year deal.

But since you brought up the topic, some of you will be sad to learn (others happy, maybe) that due to mutual circumstances involving both parties, I have been allowed to purchase those tickets back this year from the person who purchased them from me. I have to say that doing business with this individual was a pleasure, and gives me hope for the mean green fan base as a whole.

And for those hoping not to see my ugly mug in the club level th S year? Well, suck it, pals. 

Im back. 

Again, what is your commitment level? I showed you mine...

My level of commitment is strained vocal chords due to sitting in the John Williams recent alumni section and raging on the phonies.

13 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Or over 15 years, right? And that's just fine with you. 

People will recall your posts. You can't have a civil discussion with me on any issue without snark or personal attack. Again, it goes back to you wanting to kill the messenger over RV. It goes back to you having your feelings hurt over the way a group of alums extended their displeasure with the last AD, who you supported until 66-7, maybe even a bit after. 

I feel sorry for people who can't seperate issues, who can't understand the long term outlook may be VERY different than the short term outlook. So, yes, I feel sorry for you. 

#expectmore

Clueless drivel. 

Here are some facts for you:

1.  I believed it was time for RV to go, stated many times on here, and I do not know the man.

2.  My feelings were not hurt over the banner.  I just think there are better ways to convey the message that can be done without drawing attention to one's self/ego stroking.  I know you think your actions led directly to RV's demise, which is comical and far from factual, but believe what you need to believe to make yourself feel important.  Your a Dallasite, aren't you?

3.  Recall my posts?  That is the best you can do?

4.  I full understand the issues and how they effect the short and long term outlook of the program.

5.  Don't feel sorry for me.  There is no need.

6.  My expectations for UNT and UNT athletics have always been higher than what has ever been delivered.  A simple, civil discussion would reveal that, but you have to personally attack anyone that doesn't believe you or supports your point of view.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

• Harry locked this topic