DRC: UNT begins summer satellite camps tour today

Brett Vito

So, we could see some commitments come Sunday afternoon/Monday morning?

Like this comment from Littrell:

“I am not worried about early commits,” Littrell said. “I am worried about finding the right guys who can help us be successful, whether we get them in June or January. It’s important to get a true evaluation of kids and see who we want to continue to evaluate in their senior year.”

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

So, we could see some commitments come Sunday afternoon/Monday morning?

They have some kids coming to these camps that our staff likes and that they are interested in. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some kids get offers depending on how well they do with the staff running our scheme and seeing how these kids fit in. I would hope to see a few commits but I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't since we are usually in these camps for 1 day then leave. Would of liked it to be a 2/3 day camp at each stop where the coaches could even sit down with these kids and put on the full-court press on them as a group, but our coaches have been out on the road the past few weeks visiting with guys so we may have the ground work laid out for some of them already.

• Upvote 1

On June 3, 2016 at 10:53 AM, UNTLifer said:

Pure coach speak. He absolutely cares about early commitments, he just can't say so because the coach speak game dictates setting low expectations from the fan base in early recruiting. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

5 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Pure coach speak. He absolutely cares about early commitments, he just can't say so because the coach speak game dictates setting low expectations from the fan base in early recruiting. 

Met the man, no he doesn't. He wants the kids HE wants here. Would he welcome early commit? Sure. But, he isn't going to fret over it.  He is different than the last few coaches we have had here.

• Upvote 5