Positive spin time. There's enough dedicated threads for AD and coaching hires elsewhere. Right now, it's coachspeak time.

• It's a short week, and we're taking on WKU on national television. What better way to take them down than with their own QB? A non-literal taste of their own medicine. 
  • We'll also have those college gameday people to give us even more national, dare I say international, attention through the Twitters. 
  • And you know what these broadcasters will be talking about the most: brisket sammiches and beer! As well as how hungry these kids and this staff will be going into this game. I mean to win, not brisket sammiches.
  • The broadcasters will also acknowledge all those "#FireRickV" signs people brought into the stadium and therefore it will get some national air time. I'm not saying people do it because it's a simple and cheap way to get a lot of attention and have your voices heard, I'm just sayin.
  • This team will be chomping at the bit because they'll have plenty to prove but nothing to lose
  • Man to man defense (which means Canales is butting in to the defensive scheme)
  • Opening up the playbook
  • A quarterback who we won't tell you who it is but you'll love who it is and hey did you know Damarcus Smith has the top 5 strongest arm Canales has ever seen but we aren't telling who the starting QB is because strategy oh but hey did you see how much improved Damarcus was this last game
  • #BeatWKU 
  • Upvote 3

Hope is all I am asking for, because over the last 4 games we have continued to slide to the bottom.   I think it would be asking a lot to expect our kids to win this game.   WKU is a very, very good CUSA team.   

I will be thrilled if we see these 3 things on thursday night:

1) Improvement in the QB position from DM, with WKU having to at least respect the vertical passing game. 

2) Players giving full effort, even if/when they are a few scores down.

3) A defense that plays physical, even if it leads to a few more big plays.