Other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln ?

greenjoe

I took 4 non-regular attendees to the game Saturday.  We had a great time.  The student presence was over whelming and the band and cheer groups made the aftenoon seem like a home game.  The BBQ at the Mean Green tent was very good and it was fun to visit with green friends.  Every time the banner would fly over everyone would look up and point.  I've never seen anything like it at a "road" game.   I spoke with Rick V and I know he saw the banner.  I don't know if he liked it or not but he saw it.  I sat among some really good NT fans.  My friends and I enjoyed the afternoon and evening.  Until the second half.  I was proud of my University Saturday.  

GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by greenjoe
  • Upvote 4

I went up to him and asked RV specifically about the banner.  He said he thought it was great.

My wife and I had a great time.  Enjoyed the ride down, enjoyed the tailgating scene, uncomfortably enjoyed the 1st 3 quarters of extremely conservative offensive play calling that had us in the lead.  Did not enjoy the turnovers in the 4th quarter and the final score.

• Upvote 1

I enjoyed the day.  Was good football weather and UNT fans and students showed up as fine representatives of the school.  I was at last years game and we made a much better showing as a fan base than they did at Apogee. Did my part, bought 18 tickets and every seat was filled. The 4th quarter was a huge let down.  I graduated 45 years ago and have had a lot of "wait until next year" moments.  I just hope I don't run out of airspeed and altitude before that next year, gets here.  GMG

I enjoyed the day.  Was good football weather and UNT fans and students showed up as fine representatives of the school.  I was at last years game and we made a much better showing as a fan base than they did at Apogee. Did my part, bought 18 tickets and every seat was filled. The 4th quarter was a huge let down.  I graduated 45 years ago and have had a lot of "wait until next year" moments.  I just hope I don't run out of airspeed and altitude before that next year, gets here.  GMG

Did you load up the War Rig and bring Immortan Joe with you?   

I too 4 non-regular attendees to the game Saturday.  We had a great time.  The student presence was over whelming and the band and cheer groups made the aftenoon seem like a home game.  The BBQ at the Mean Green tent was very good and it was fun to visit with green friends.  Every time the banner wuld fly over everyone would look up and point.  I've never seen anything like it at a "road" game.   I spoke with Rick V and I know he saw the banner.  I don't know if he liked it or not but he saw it.  I sat among some really good NT fans.  My friends and I enjoyed the afternoon and evening.  Until the second half.  I was proud of my University Saturday.  

GO MEAN GREEN

if I remember right, RV talked on the podcast about being proud of the fans for putting the banner together.  Great job folks!

• Upvote 1