MGB: Steelers sign Chancellor

Brett Vito

Doesn't say in what capacity they signed him. I hope it leads to a roster spot. I've been following a kid from my other school who finally made it on to a roster undrafted, after being cut from one team and signed by another in December a year ago. It's not easy, but put in the work, and we could see Brelan working his magic in Pittsburgh in no time!

Don't mean to nitpick Vito, but concerning your list of Mean Green notables with the Steelers: I think Erric Pegram and the Superbowl XXX season at least deserves a mention. Not the same caliber as the rest of the list, but he was a major part of their success that season.

For those who shared my curiousity about the impact of a player on a futures contract, below are some notable players (I just did a quick glance for names I knew) who were signed to futures contracts this time last year...

Preston Parker - NYG WR

Corey Fuller - DET WR

Jonas Gray - NE RB

Kerwynn Williams - ARI RB

Emmanuel Acho - PHI LB

Brelan will out work everyone there this off-season. That much we know.

• Upvote 1

With Antonio Brown still doing KR/PR, I'm sure they would love to have someone else do it. Brelan will have to show he can hang with Dri Archer.

After Brown, Bryant, and Wheaton, there's not a whole lot of depth on the PIT roster. Hopefully he can carve out a ST role, and eventually add depth to their WR rotation.

• Upvote 1