McCarney juggles long hours with sleep, exercise

Harry

I don't know who you want to get rid of,but it sounds like everyone. Just an old man's opinion:1] R.V. will not be fired. Our new president has a serious financial problem to deal with and I doubt athletics is high on his radar.2] This is Mac's last job.We owe him about $700,00 a year for 5 years or so. At his age and with his health suspect he will clip coupons until his contract expires. 3] even if men's basketball crapes out, he won't be fired, as we do not have the money to hire a better and more expensive replacement. Its not like we are a basketball powerhouse. Even when J.J. was winning we only averaged about 3,000 or so fans. Big Whoop! Bottom line: cleaning house is expensive, and our program may have a little cushion, but basically lives paycheck to paycheck. We need to loose the attitude that WE don't care what it cost as long as WE don't have to pay for it.[WE being you and me]

I said nothing about getting rid of everyone. I posted that reassignment is an option. It's not a middle aged man's opinion, it's fact. Based on factual, historic events. We've done it before and could do it again if need be.

Rick

• Downvote 1

We are in violent agreement. However, I thing when we did the coaches contract was short term and there was as much money involved. Regarding changes, this board has so many posts about firing the AD and both men's head coaches that I can't keep up with who said what. I apologize if I painted you with a broad brush.

I don't know who you want to get rid of,but it sounds like everyone. Just an old man's opinion:1] R.V. will not be fired. Our new president has a serious financial problem to deal with and I doubt athletics is high on his radar.2] This is Mac's last job.We owe him about $700,00 a year for 5 years or so. At his age and with his health suspect he will clip coupons until his contract expires. 3] even if men's basketball crapes out, he won't be fired, as we do not have the money to hire a better and more expensive replacement. Its not like we are a basketball powerhouse. Even when J.J. was winning we only averaged about 3,000 or so fans. Big Whoop! Bottom line: cleaning house is expensive, and our program may have a little cushion, but basically lives paycheck to paycheck. We need to loose the attitude that WE don't care what it cost as long as WE don't have to pay for it.[WE being you and me]

Well, as a club seat holder and a MeanGreenClub member, I AM paying for it.

And problems ALWAYS cost more the longer that you wait to fix them.

I know you are a long suffering fan and losing has basically been ingrained in you by following this program so long. Bit as contributors, we should expect a better return on our investment.

People wonder why we only have 1000 contributors to the MGC. Well, this attitude, which has long been the attitude of the university as a whole, is the main reason. People aren't gonna love you when you don't love yourself.

• Upvote 1

We are in violent agreement. However, I thing when we did the coaches contract was short term and there was as much money involved. Regarding changes, this board has so many posts about firing the AD and both men's head coaches that I can't keep up with who said what. I apologize if I painted you with a broad brush.

Oh no apologies necessary, and I didnt mean to sound disrespectful at all. Your one of our important, long-standing supporters we have and I fully respect that. Glad we can disagree, argue and still remain aquaintences. That's the beauty of this school and this board.

Rick