Bohls: This Mac has North Texas believing

"Dan McCarney has his calendar marked.

And he makes a firm promise about what will happen on Aug. 30 when his North Texas club visits Texas in both teams’ 2014 football season-opener.

“We’ll be on time,” McCarney vows.

The fourth-year head coach of the Mean Green steps out no farther on a limb when discussing a meeting that, at least on paper, looks to be a huge mismatch. All of the other nine meetings between the programs resulted in North Texas losses. But he knows it’s terrific exposure for his ascending program and a great showcase for the strides it has made."

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/sports/bohls-this-mac-has-north-texas-believing/nf6zJ/#0aedebd6.3572908.735378

Shameless Plug..... cough cough (I had Mac watch the video)

"However, McCarney was recently shown a video of Texas’ controversial 27-24 win over the Mean Green in 1988, when Keith Cash caught the winning pass in the closing seconds but was probably out of bounds. Pre-replay obviously."

I didn't watch the video but you gota believe.

UT is not the big powerhouse they have been in the past when they beat NT 70-0 (or something resembling that the last few times they played). Sure NT will be an underdog but I think NT can compete. The thing UT has to be careful of is if they let NT hang around long enough this can be a loss for the Deadhorns. And not that piracy and travisty from 1988 (or whatever year it was) that the refs blew a call that cost NT the game.

Not going to do the stupid "predictions" or anything but I look for a close game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1