DRC..NT player charged another involved

OldTimer

I think rcade has some Smith hatred lingering inside.

What?? Just because he is not as quick to stand up for Smith's innocence like the rest of yall he has some "Smith hatred lingering inside"? That's crazy.

I think you guys are almost being naive about this. How often have you had some random guy in the back of your truck that you didn't know. Not too often. Yeah, Smith was at a party and the guy could have jumped in but I highly doubt that. From the attidtude Smith gave the police and the fact that he didn't pull over right away, I'm willing to bet #1 he knew the guy, #2 he knew the guy had a gun and #3 he is pretty sure he can do whatever he wants because he is young and in college. He feels invincible like we all do at 22 and I agree with yall on the point that we all do stupid things in college.

Just because we love this team and love the players on it doesn't mean we have to automatically jump to defending them when they could be guilty.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"... it doesn't mean we have to automatically jump to defending them when they could be guilty."

Once more with feeling, just because a person 'could' be guilty doesn't mean they are guilty. You're not obligated to jump to their defense but, in all fairness, let's not jump to the conclusion they are guilty of something other than being in a stupid place at a dumb time.

God bless Texas!

I think rcade has some Smith hatred lingering inside.

You sure got me pegged. In fact, I hired the guy to ride in the back of Smith's truck, and I told him to discharge the firearm in the air. I even tricked Smith into fleeing the scene -- I told him there was a sale on Booger Kennedy bobblehead dolls at Voortmans.

I live in Florida, where every year you can count on a few student athletes from Florida, FSU, and Miami getting into trouble with the law (or worse). Attitudes like yours contribute to it -- many fans here will either whitewash or refuse to believe any evidence that a player with on-the-field talent might be an off-the-field idiot.

A standard part of a college coach's spiel is to tell parents he will look after the welfare of his players. That's all I'm suggesting here -- Coach Dickey and the athletic department have a responsibility to make sure everything's on the level with this incident, and whether we hear about it or not, I hope they're taking care of business.

In fact, I hired the guy to ride in the back of Smith's truck, and I told him to discharge the firearm in the air.

It was an easy 50 bucks for something I would have been doing anyway.

Seriously, if Andrew did something ilegal, I believe he would have gotten arrested, recieved a citation or anything at all.

The fact that he didn't tells me he did not break the law.

Was he in the wrong place at the wrong time? Obviously. Is that ilegal or make him a person of questionable character? No way.

Why are we talking about Drew when Andy is the one that actually had charges filed on him? If Drew punched someone in the face and had charges pressed on him, this thread would have 700 replies by now.

Drew's incident is bad judgement, something we have all been guilty of, but nothing more. If it were something ilegal, he would be in the same boat as Brewster, or more than likely worse.

It was an easy 50 bucks for something I would have been doing anyway.

Seriously, if Andrew did something ilegal, I believe he would have gotten arrested, recieved a citation or anything at all.

The fact that he didn't tells me he did not break the law.

Was he in the wrong place at the wrong time? Obviously. Is that ilegal or make him a person of questionable character? No way.

Why are we talking about Drew when Andy is the one that actually had charges filed on him? If Drew punched someone in the face and had charges pressed on him, this thread would have 700 replies by now.

Drew's incident is bad judgement, something we have all been guilty of, but nothing more. If it were something ilegal, he would be in the same boat as Brewster, or more than likely worse.

Good post. Now can we put this to rest and get on with the season?