UNT's prospects in the nfl draft?

untwillrise

If he gets that combine invite, I think you're dead on. I really hope he does.

He's going to kill it in whatever senior bowl he's invited to, so coaches will get a good look at him at one those practices as well...

He really needs CUSA DPOY award to secure the invite. He SHOULD get it, but with conference politics and us being a new member, it's not a lock, even if we win out the last 4 games.

I think he moves to OLB at the pro level and plays on passing downs.

Dont forget there are 3 phases in football. Offense, defense, and SPECIAL TEAMS.

So, ya, I think Zach could go as high as late 3rd if he impresses in the combine (I think he gets an invite after being named CUSA 1st team and defensive player of the year).

The thing that will impress pro scouts is that Zach very very very rarely misses a tackle, will knock the snot outta you, and is almost always where he is supposed to be in UNT's scheme.

Even if he goes undrafted (highly unlikely), he will be on someone's roster on opening day, 2014. He is simply too good of a football player not to be. Throw in his character and leadership and it's a lock.

Let me say that I 100% agree he will make it somewhere. Whether on a 53 man or practice squad. And yes I have just recently become aware of all three phases of the game. Even with my limited knowledge of the game, I do know that NFL teams don't draft guys in the 3rd round to play special teams. 1st day draftees are expected to start or contribute heavily unless a project QB. Special teams guys are left for 6th, 7th and undrafted.

Again, I hope I am wrong, I really do, but I am just being realistic. That being said my assessment could be way off and if you are right I will be as happy as a stuck pig!

Bottom line is he is one of the greats NT has ever seen and will be sorely missed next year.

Thank goodness we have 4 more games to watch him. :)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I see him being drafted. LB's are always stockpiled during the draft, especially the late rounds. Teams won't want to pass him up late and miss on such a sure thing.

His dad playing ten years in the league won't hurt his prospects at all, either

Craig Robertson's success can only help his chances to ending our drought by being drafted

Does anyone have ESPN Insider? I'm curious to know what they or any other draft boards say... http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/players/_/letter/o/draftyear/2014

They don't have him ranked.

100% agree. I think there is a bit of Mean Green glasses here. I LOVE Orr, but he is undersized. Guys like Orr that are super-productive at LB in college at his size transition to Safety in the NFL. Not sure he has the speed to play that position.

This takes absolutely nothing away from Orr. I would love our team to have 22 guys like Zach Orr, but it is reality.

And as for being drafted in the 3rd or 5th round. C'mon. 3rd round teams are still looking for starters. 4th/5th you plan on playing a lot. He would need to develop.

That being said I would love to be wrong here.

Dat Nguyen made a pretty good little career as an NFL LB.