A Few Post-BSU Thoughts

LongJim

Boy, I enjoyed that game. Has their been a more exciting, better-played game from the MG since the NO Bowl win? I don't think I remember any. That was a legit win over a good MAC team, folks.

Loved it. Here are a few off-the-cuff thoughts I had after the game:

1. As predicted: John Skladany is turning this defense into a facsimile of what he did at UCF. Headhunting, ferocious playmakers. Great hire.
  2. Dan McCarney and Chico Canales know how to evaluate talent, and put the right players into position to make plays. Great game plan Saturday.
  3. As noted previously, QB’s look much better when they have more than 1 playmaker at WR to get the ball to. In fact, they can even look like the player they really are—a gutsy, never-say-die leader who the team will follow into hell.
  4. If you venture into the UNT secondary, there’s a good chance you will get blown the f*&# up.
  5. UNT WR’s will TAKE the ball from the defensive back as THEIR property and birthright.
  6. RB’s stepped up Saturday. They needed to, and they did. Overlooked in some of the big plays was their play, which was absolutely clutch. It was a total team win, but this game is lost unless they continue to wear down a gassed BSU defense in the third and fourth quarters. Pegram in particular brought his game.
  7. DT is a ballplayer, and played possibly his best game ever in a UNT uniform. Kid stood in and delivered daggers all afternoon. Pushed it in for the kill shot to take the lead. Glen Rose holla.
  8. Couple of NFL field goals. Kid is a keeper. Dare I say a very good game from the special teams? Holy moly!
  9. Talked to a couple of BSU fans before the game. They were confident in a win, although they didn't know much about UNT. Good folks. Glad to see them go home with an L and hope they had a safe trip and good luck this week.
  10. UNT90 wants to see the team do well. He’s ok in my book.
  11. DL’s meatballs are legit.
  • Upvote 3