Unless I missed it being mentioned...

JesseMartin

I don't think anyone brought up the interesting wrinkle of having McNulty sub in for Derek while he was testing out his thumb. It seemed apparent previously that Dajon was #2...maybe they wanted somebody with a bit more experience to work the clock to give DT a bit of time to get back in. That seems like the most reasonable answer to me. Either that, or they really are planning to rotate which QBs get the backup spot. It looked like McNulty and Berglund were the only ones on the sidelines with the red hats. Does anybody have any further insight into this?

• Upvote 1

DJW has not worn a red hat all season. McNulty subbed in for Derek while he was hurt against Idaho. DJW was brought in for mop-up duty at the end of that game. I think McNulty coming in today shows that McNulty is still #2 on the depth chart, and DJW is going to be used in meaningless situations for repetitions and practice.

Edited by MeanGreenDan

The only odd part of that is that McNulty was pretty bad against Idaho. So are we assuming Dajon just gets mop-up duty if we blow somebody out again? If all of our games end up being tight, it would suck to burn his redshirt for 6 passes against Idaho. Based on your post it seems like we should assume DT is #1, AM is #2 and BB is #3 in terms of starting, and DW only gets to play when it doesn't matter. If that's the case...that's kind of weird. Though I was glad not to have problems with McNulty in today...as soon as I saw him on the field, I was thinking, "Oh, please don't turn it over right now..." Not trying to be negative, but the little we've seen from him this season makes me very nervous. Until today, that is. Seems like everybody started clicking this afternoon.