No return games in CUSA basketball?

So, after checking out the leaked FAU basketball schedule, I couldnt help but notice that they did not have any return games in conference play. Is that just for this season while we wait for Tulsa and Tulane to exit or is that how it is going to be? I was really counting on getting to see UNT play in San Antonio every year...

• Upvote 1

My understanding is that everyone will play everyone else in basketball and there will be no east west divisions. There will be travel partners and I think I understood that ours would be UTSA (Tulsa and UTEP would be paired; etc meaning we would play there and they would play here during a season. If anyone in the know wants to comment on this please feel free.

That would be amazing if UTSA was our travel partner.

Exactly but it makes a lot of sense it gives the fans a chance to drive to a game and enjoy the Riverwalk -- it gives you a regional rivalry game to build on which we NEVER had in the SBC other than WKU and they would never play in Denton it seemed...again this is not 100% but its what I'm hearing they will do.

My understanding is that everyone will play everyone else in basketball and there will be no east west divisions. There will be travel partners and I think I understood that ours would be UTSA (Tulsa and UTEP would be paired; etc meaning we would play there and they would play here during a season. If anyone in the know wants to comment on this please feel free.

I would much rather be paired with Tulsa or LATech (I'm guessing they're going with So Miss?). And if this turns out to be true, I'm thinking that will cascade to all other sports and it would seem like C-USA leadership is trying to build up the UNT-UTSA rivalry.

• Upvote 2

I would much rather be paired with Tulsa or LATech (I'm guessing they're going with So Miss?). And if this turns out to be true, I'm thinking that will cascade to all other sports and it would seem like C-USA leadership is trying to build up the UNT-UTSA rivalry.

They way I heard it is they will group Tulsa with UTEP which makes sense geographically -- Tulane and Rice, La. Tech and Southern Miss, WKU and MTSU etc... so you play everyone in the conference but you also get a home and home game to build a rivalry with. Again don't send me to Gitmo if this is wrong but it is what I am hearing...

Disagree, I would much rather get a chance to visit San Antonio and the Riverwalk etc every year...Tulsa is leaving and La. Tech wouldn't be too bad because you could visit Shreveport but I'm not a big gambler.

Disagree, I would much rather get a chance to visit San Antonio and the Riverwalk etc every year...Tulsa is leaving and La. Tech wouldn't be too bad because you could visit Shreveport but I'm not a big gambler.

I think between football and basketball (and don't forget the sport "on the horizon") there will be plenty of chances to see the Mean Green in San Antonio.

I know Tulsa is gone. But I'd have liked to have been their travel partner this year, then worry about next year. I'm guessing they're going to put Rice & UTSAUTEP together after Tulane and Tulsa leave?

I'm certainly not going to hold you to it Harry. :whip: I know better than to believe anything around scheduling until I see it on the C-USA or MGS sites.

Edit: modified "UTSA" to "UTEP" above.

Edited by Harry
  • Upvote 1