Coach Pete tonight

Harry

Said a women's basketball signing was very close to being finalized. Indicated it was a very good player. Looking forward to seeing who this is! His team should be very strong next year.

Said a women's basketball signing was very close to being finalized. Indicated it was a very good player. Looking forward to seeing who this is! His team should be very strong next year.

Initials are MB < ninja face >

• Upvote 1

Hmmm.....we will miss Loryn Goodwin.

Yes, we will, but perhaps not nearly as much as we first thought. Some really good players being signed and do not forget about the talent level in the "suit squad" from last season. All playing now and as you heard Monday evening, playing very well.

Yep, we'll miss Loren, and we wish her well, but I hope that into a few games this next season we'll think "Loren who?". Hope so at least.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Yes, we will, but perhaps not nearly as much as we first thought. Some really good players being signed and do not forget about the talent level in the "suit squad" from last season. All playing now and as you heard Monday evening, playing very well.

Yep, we'll miss Loren, and we wish her well, but I hope that into a few games this next season we'll think "Loren who?". Hope so at least.

Your right. It's not like we won a few games because of her. I am sure all the players signed to this point are probably all better players. Guess we just have a different viewpoint of the WBB program. Hope your right.

• Upvote 1

Your right. It's not like we won a few games because of her. I am sure all the players signed to this point are probably all better players. Guess we just have a different viewpoint of the WBB program. Hope your right.

Have no clue what you mean here....no one said anyone was "better", but the ones here want to be here...Loren did not for whatever reason...and reports are that the squad will be very solid coming into next season. Would love it if Loren had wanted to stay and play for UNT, she did not...like I said, we all wish her well, but we go with who we have, and "who we have" by all reports are pretty darn good. Plus, we may all see a pretty nice additional signing in the next day or two. So, I don't think our viewpoint is all that much different.

You know enough about the players on the squad and the "suit squad" ladies to know this team has the potential to be much better than last year's team. All the "youngsters" will come into the year with much greater experience and much more adjusted to the college game, they will have had time to work out in the new practice facility and hone their game and the returning players will have the same coach they had the season before. All of those things plus the players available make for the possibility of this team being very competitive and winning a good number of games in CUSA.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I don't think there is any doubt that next year's team will be better. However, if Goodwin had stayed it would have been even better. As a freshman she was easily the best guard on the team on both ends of the court.

Last year's team was a mystery, they starting slow but keep building until they were a very good club mid year. Then the bottom fell out ending with an embarrassing loss in the first round of the Belt tourney. I don't know what happened but that team fell apart in the last half of the Belt. It was like Petersen just lost the team.

Hyder is back and if she was not better than Goodwin, she was very close. McCoy and Dawkins were both good last year, but other than that there are a bunch of unknowns coming in. Wynn and Hooker both started for division one clubs and hopefully they will be even better after an off year. The redshirt freshmen, who knows and the Juco coming in looks like a player. Adams was one of the highest rated recruits ever signed by NT but had a way off senior year.

My biggest question now with the girls program, is do we have the right coach. Petersen is no rookie like Benford, but again I thought he lost the team at the most important time of the year.

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Loryn was a very good player here and will be at Butler. She represented UNT very well in her time here. We wish her well in her future endeavors..GMG

You have a bright future as an SID or HR department spokesperson Harry.

• Upvote 2