From the Twitterverse: Shawn McKinney

Except what we have had in the past is just small, because if they were fast, they'd be at another school, too.

And you're making my point, since Boutwell never made it to the 275-280lbs they wanted him to play at, proving you can't just add size to any frame. And he spent a 3rd of the season injured. He's starting here at DT because we have zero depth and quality there.

Me, I'll take big and fast and strong and football smart. But we're North Texas taking table scraps. So I've got no problem taking a flyer on a guy with good size and strength. Small school guys get overlooked all the time. And I'm not reading too much into highlight reels from high school.

And to bring it back to this recruit, the problem is that we are the ONLY FBS team willing to take that flyer, which is not encouraging. And he isn't a small school guy anymore. He is a JUCO recruit that everyone knows about.

We shouldn't have to take the table scraps of the Tulsas, La. Techs, ULMs, LaLas, and Ark St.s of hte world. Sadly, that now appears to be the case.

And to bring it back to this recruit, the problem is that we are the ONLY FBS team willing to take that flyer, which is not encouraging. And he isn't a small school guy anymore. He is a JUCO recruit that everyone knows about.

We shouldn't have to take the table scraps of the Tulsas, La. Techs, ULMs, LaLas, and Ark St.s of hte world. Sadly, that now appears to be the case.

That's always been the case. Was decades of futility supposed to make it better?

Edited by Monkeypox

That's always been the case. Was decades of futility supposed to make it better?

With the facilities that we have now, plus the new conference affiliation, that SHOULD NOT be the case.

IF it is, we have the wrong people running the football program.

Edited by UNT90

Can we move him to DT?

Looks as though we're looking for at least a juco center and DB.

He played DT in high school although it was a small school. But at 6-4, 355 he's not going to be moved very easily. I'd like to see him tried there but if he has a professional future it would probably be at offensive tackle.

Edited by GrayEagle