Another school Has an Issue With Fans Rushing the Field After Every G

McKinneyMiner

Granted we don't have the same size crowds they do, nor the media attention, but the writer brings up some good points about safety and how appropriate it is for fans to be down on the field after a game while players and staff are still there...

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2011/10/ducks_insider_its_time_for_ore.html#incart_mce

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Looking at the distance from student section to football field these kids jump, if some of us over age of 50 jumped we'd break a hip, ankle, leg or neck.

If a student comes down at that distance on the wrong foot or at a bad angle they will get a bone break or a very bad sprain. Why don't the stadium attendants just let them come down the steps instead?

Plumm...

That is exactly right...

I am 42 and after the Indiana game my 10-yr old wanted to go down on the field and I wouldn't let him...

He MIGHT have been okay to go over the wall, but I didn't have a lot of confidence that I would be...

And I actually believe that game was an appropriate time to rush the field being the first Apogee win, etc...

I just hope it doesn't become a "thing" to do...

Dangerous and kind of silly in my opinion if done while players and staff are still on the field and you have to scale walls to get there...

Oh no. I think Dr. Seuss is being pegged with -1's without people even reading the link. :notfair: He's quoting part of the story folks...

I actually hadn't thought of that...

If that's the case I apologize...

I took it personally and it looks like maybe I shouldn't have...

Anyway, sorry about that...

• Downvote 1