More Conference realignment talk

mgfan

Not sure if this was already posted, but now there is talks of cusa+mwc+big east making a four division league with a four team playoff at the end of the season with the winner getting a BCS bid... No UNT mention in the mix, but La. Tech is.

My link

There fixed... For those of you who didn't realize :huh: Bleacher Report was citing THE BOSTON GLOBE

Edited by mgfan

Ha, I thought it was serious until I saw Bleacher Report.

It is an interesting concept...take the Big East's auto-bid and give it to the champ of a 32-team league.

Why not just expand that and give the National Champ trophy to the winner of a 120-team league playoff system?? :blink:

Ha, I thought it was serious until I saw Bleacher Report.

It is an interesting concept...take the Big East's auto-bid and give it to the champ of a 32-team league.

Why not just expand that and give the National Champ trophy to the winner of a 120-team league playoff system?? :blink:

It's bleacher report, citing the Boston Globe.

Edited by mgfan

Not sure if this was already posted, but now there is talks of cusa+mwc+big east making a four division league with a four team playoff at the end of the season with the winner getting a BCS bid... No UNT mention in the mix, but La. Tech is.

My link

Big East has the AQ why divide it up ? This goes to show that we will not get into a conference that SMU is in. I hope SMU and the Big Easy conf. works out. UNT will have more options.

• Upvote 1

No it's not. Why on earth would the Big East want to share their auto BCS bid with CUSA and MWC? Plus the Big East has and continues to deny any participation in this.

The fact is the schools in the Big East will continue to enjoy the money generated from the BCS payoff for several years and maybe longer. Plus they will get exit fees. They have no interest in splitting that pie up with CUSA and MWC.