Enjoyed Visiting With Mean Green Fans

CajunDave1

I just wanted to let everyone know that several Mean Green fans responded to the invitaition from the Krewe de Chew to come by and visit our tailgate site and partake in some good food, music and fun. I know the game didn't turn out like they had hoped it would have but, other than the result of the game, I hope they enjoyed the tailgating and being in Lafayette. We hope to see all of you again on the Mean Green's next visit to Lafayette. Good luck for the remainder of the season!

• Upvote 6

Just fix those announcers - the mean greenies or mean greeners whatever he was calling us?

are a bunch of avalanches being thrown into the board or how about taking a tackling the marshall thundering herds:)

seriously -good game - good team - go get them.

GMG

Just fix those announcers - the mean greenies or mean greeners whatever he was calling us?

are a bunch of avalanches being thrown into the board or how about taking a tackling the marshall thundering herds:)

GMG

Yeah...the announcers needed a swift kick in the @$$ after that. Maybe half a dozen.

JRock

GREAT atmosphere for a college game with great tailgate crowd. I was very much impressed with the support i saw for the Cajuns not only at the game but around town as well. Flags flying, windows of businesses painted in support of the Cajuns, etc. I also want to say thanks to the many...and I mean many Cajun fans who offered us food and drink as we walked the entire tailgate area before the game. No serious or out of line trash talk, just good clean "chat" and plenty of offers of food and thanks for coming to Lafayette.

In fact, this atmosphere is what i hope to see one day at UNT. It was not always that way at Lafayette I was told by several of the Cajun faithful, but has grown to what it is now over the last 4-5 years. 100,000+ at tailgate with 32,000 in the stands. Amazing what can happen when folks place a priority on supporting their team...including the local business and residential community.

My hat goes off the the fans of the Ragin' Cajuns for the support they are showing and for the hospitality they showed to a couple of Mean green fans Saturday.

By the way...that Cajun Music festival was A-OK as well...great food, great music.

I join a few other Mean green fans in wishing the Cajuns nothing but success the remainder of the year...on to the New Orleans Bowl!!! Thanks for helping make our weekend a very good one in spite of another loss by the Mean Green!

• Upvote 1

GMG

You might be able to blame that partially on Coach Mac. There have been two times that I've heard him say something along the lines of "Isn't it a great time to be a Mean Greener".

Cajun Dave,

I enjoyed meeting your krewe the last time we played in Lafayette. We made an effort to see you guys this year, but I was cut off by other truly nice and generous ULL fans.

Good eating, good discussion.

This is my favorite road trip in the SBC and I hope that we stay together post-realignment.

GMG

Sorry we missed you this trip, but I'm sure you were well taken care of by other Cajun fans. Glad you made the trip and maybe next time we will see you at the Krewe de Chew!

Talked to several NT fans and they were all first class. Your team also carries themselves well on the field.

Good luck to the Mean Green in the future. Everything is cyclical and NT's time will come again.

Thanks man. Much appreciated. By the way, my wife is from Louisiana. Family from Shreveport to Baton Rouge. I am a tea shirt alum of LSU because of her. ;) I will certainly be Tiger Baited at the first UNT vs LSU game next season.

JRock