Thoughts From Last Night

McKinneyMiner

1. Disappointing Attendance - My son and I passed a group of what appeared to be sorority girls and heard one of them comment she wasn't going in the stadium because, "it isn't worth getting wet"... Uh boy...

2. Shout out to the friendly ticket staff for reprinting my tickets that I left on the kitchen counter in McKinney... Glad I am a season seat holder and can easily prove who I am...

3. Great performance by the defense...! When the game needed to be taken, they grabbed with both hands...

4. Alfred Morris is the best garbage time runner in the country... Look at the stats and it looks like he had a monster game... I guarantee you that guy didn't have 20 yards total before the score was 31-0...

5. My 10 year old refused to leave until the very end... And he sat out in the rain without seeking cover...

So, yes the offense is struggling... But this team has won both of it's winnable games...

I don't think 6-6 or 7-5 is at all out of the question...

• Upvote 1

Good to hear about your son. Maybe we have a lifelong fan in the making !

Alfred Morris is a darn good RB. I actually got a little sad knowing that that would be the last time I got to see him play. He ranks right up there with Rusty Smith when I think of FAU football

Good to hear about your son. Maybe we have a lifelong fan in the making !

Alfred Morris is a darn good RB. I actually got a little sad knowing that that would be the last time I got to see him play. He ranks right up there with Rusty Smith when I think of FAU football

Some scattershooting...

1) Attendance was pathetic. Winning will certainly help, but when the student side is that empty (and I mean Empty), we have to think of ways to get students excited in the mean time.

2) Green Brigade is AWESOME this year (ok - they are great every year, but their sound this year is huge). Love the fact that we have a big-time band.

3) Defense was flying all over the field - great to see that aggressiveness.

4) Seems we haven't figured out what kind of Offense we want to run. The whole thing just looks disjoint. I wish we would have run the Wildcat a few times with Hamilton last night to jump start the running game.

5) Derek Thompson was throwing harder than I've seen him to this point - a good sign because he was zipping the ball to his receivers (unfortunately not all were caught).

6) Alfred Morris - very good running back on a pretty bad team. That guy brings it - he's a load to tackle.

7) Winning >> Losing

• Upvote 1

I can tell you that once the temperature plunged about an hour before kick off and people started saying it was going to rain most students lost their cajones and decided to go home and cuddle under a blanket.

It's beyond pathetic and the logic behind drinking for three hours and not going to the game baffles me. Its going to take a lot of winning to change the perception of tailgating for students. I can't wait until the day when student tailgating is actually a tailgate, not a party to see how many freshmen girls you can get drunk.

Morris was indeed a load to bring down AFTER they were down 31-0 and we had gone into our soft defense or whatever you want to call it...

In fact, he was a completely different player in the late 3rd and 4th quarters...

But, when the game result was in it's infancy he was a complete non-factor...

NTEX and NT03...

My 10-year old is definitely a fan for life...

He gets incredibly pumped for these games and he cheers louder and longer than anyone anywhere near us...

And he refuses to leave early...

He says "True Fans" don't leave until the final whistle...

He's reminding me of what a true fan is... LOL I was ready to leave with a few minutes left and the outcome decided...

4. Alfred Morris is the best garbage time runner in the country... Look at the stats and it looks like he had a monster game... I guarantee you that guy didn't have 20 yards total before the score was 31-0...

At the time Royce Hill intercepted the pass and took it to the house, Morris had 75 yards rushing. He had made 21 yards on that very drive. You can track it on the play-by-play on the athletic dept web site.

Morris is a fine runner.