Bitter Stars Talk

I'm not sure how many hockey fans we got out there but man the Stars got screwed last night. I'm not going to whine about the officiating because last night it was pretty good minus the stupid NHL rule about the net being off its mourings (which I hope the NHL overtunrs or modifies that rule). The point is though THE DUCKS SUCK. Not just because they are owned by Disney, but the team isn't that good, they got darn lucky last night and we got screwed. It's a sad day in hockey history folks so what is everybody elses take on this?

They beat the Wings in four...they beat the Stars in six. Lucky? Perhaps, but that's a pretty damn good playoff resume.

Do they suck? Are you kidding me?! They're a good team with a goalie playing out of his mind right now. This isn't the first time a hot goalie has carried a team deep into the playoffs, and it sure as hell won't be the last.

I still think the team sucks, especially compared to us (dallas) if you look at the regular season games, gieguerre (however his freakin name is spelled) never finished a single game agains us, he was always pulled because they where getting there butt kicked. But for some reason he all of a suddent becomes HOT accept in these last 2 games, and it just so happens the Shmucks get a bunch of lucky bounces and some crappy marshmellow goals. I just hope Vancouver tears them to shreads. This team doesn't deserve to play in the Stanely Cup Playoffs due to luck.

The bottom line is that the Ducks wanted it more at the end of the games. The Stars were either leading or tied with under 3:00 to go in EVERY GAME, which is just mind-boggling to me. They couldn't close the deal. Last night, they embarrased the Stars top line in the final 2:00 to win.

The Stars got nothing from their stars. When Nikko Kapanen has to carry the team on his shoulders, its not going to be enough. Kapanen, DiMaio and Barnes are the only forwards who showed up for this series.

They beat Dallas fair and square. It's not like it was a one and done deal like the NFL playoffs. They beat the Stars FOUR times in six games. That's not luck my friend.

Goalies are the most important position in team sports. They can almost singlehandedly win games which is what J.S. Giguere has done.

They deserve to be in the Western Finals.

True...the Stars didn't play up to potential, but that's why the NHL playoffs are the most competitive and difficult in the world of sports. The team that is playing hot and is capable of keeping that momentum is probably going to win. Now....on the other hand.....HOW BIG ARE THAT GOALIE'S PADS??? wink.gif