Bring Back Darrell Dickey!

GreenFlag

Remember the lack of attendance when DD was winning? Remember yawning after some SBC victories? Remember finally getting to 100 yards of total offense in the 4th quarter against AQ teams 3rd stringers?

Why is our attendance better now after 3 1/2 years of losing under Dodge and we haven't had a winning season since 2005? I think the answer is the exciting brand of football. I said exciting, I also know it is maddening and frustrating so please lay off.

I hope we remember these things when we are looking for a new head coach. The hard core fans (anyone reading this) will attend games no matter what, casual fans want to be entertained.

• Upvote 1

Remember the lack of attendance when DD was winning? Remember yawning after some SBC victories? Remember finally getting to 100 yards of total offense in the 4th quarter against AQ teams 3rd stringers?

Why is our attendance better now after 3 1/2 years of losing under Dodge and we haven't had a winning season since 2005? I think the answer is the exciting brand of football. I said exciting, I also know it is maddening and frustrating so please lay off.

I hope we remember these things when we are looking for a new head coach. The hard core fans (anyone reading this) will attend games no matter what, casual fans want to be entertained.

It's funny that you posted this, because I was just thinking about this. As NT fans we are so happy about small victories, because we don't have much else to hang our hats on. Imagine what the attendance would be if we were a .500 ball club.

It's funny that you posted this, because I was just thinking about this. As NT fans we are so happy about small victories, because we don't have much else to hang our hats on. Imagine what the attendance would be if we were a .500 ball club.

And as Mean Green fans, we also became complacent about "so called" Bottom 25 success, too. We need to forget comparing 2 coaches who had programs in the Bottom 25 neighborhood but look forward to moving up the NCAA totem pole with the kind of college football success not seen around Denton for a very long time.

Bottom 25 college football by any coach with overall career Win/Losses of under .500 is merely re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic and no matter which coach at UNT got the closest to hitting .500 in wins and losses, :rolleyes: you still had the feeling that our ship was going nowhere and was still in sinking mode.

This new football stadium will hopefully invert the Bottom 25 part to Top 25. UNT has been there long before there was a Sun Belt Conference albeit so briefly a time during another era. When we get there again with what will obvious have to be new leadership (barring a miracle of biblical proportions), there will be no "I told you so's" from any of our group but rather one unified group of Mean Green fans getting what we've missed and deserved for such a long, long time.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen