2Nd National Regular Season Tv Game For Unt ?

MeanGreen61

Dear Wright Waters,

Sun Belt...Bracketbuster.

Thanks,

CBL

I'm not sure I like that idea. Reading some message boards of schools involved in that, many are disappointed in their matchups. ESPN bends over backwards to get about 8 marquee TV games and then there's dozens of ones fans don't care about.

Arkansas State at UNTis among scheduled games on Jan. 22 being considered for an ESPN2 broadcast of one Sun Belt men's game that that day

Thanks. I viewed the second link, not the first, and it didn't have this. That would great to have 2 nationally televised games!!

I'm not sure I like that idea. Reading some message boards of schools involved in that, many are disappointed in their matchups. ESPN bends over backwards to get about 8 marquee TV games and then there's dozens of ones fans don't care about.

WKU did the bracketbuster a few years running a while back. The TV games are pretty much based on RPI at the time of the selections. If you get a TV game its a great deal. But like you said only a handful of teams get the TV games and more than a hundred participants do not. More often than not they pair you up with a team that you do not want a home and home with. For example we had to do a return game with Northern Arizona (which is not only hard to get to but is at a higher altitude than Denver). The chumps from No. Arizona beat our '07-'08 team on a last second shot.

The point is... odds are you can get better home and homes without the bracket buster. There is a reason that you don't see Gonzaga in the BB.

Edited by Hilltopper2k