Coming To Clemson

TigerPete

As for the teabags of Quoner... well it's not suggested, as my name kind of specifies why.

Why not? I'm assuming you're paying homage to the muppets, and I'm totally cool with furries.

I'll have to apologize about swin's comments since I am not one to brag about winning games that we should probably win, that we haven't even won yet. I was just saying hello.

And point of order, Clemson is not the 6th to 7th most relevant school in the carolinas. We "own" all of those schools. Maybe 3rd to 5th most relevant in the entire south perhaps. And I wouldn't even denigrate those other schools by putting South Carolina ("U-suc") in that list. I have more respect for the Mean Green than I do the "Shamecocks" folks. ;)

So what's with all the Jad Dean hate? That kid has been gone for years, so I'm assuming that doctored pic is a left over from when Dean stuck his foot up either Usuc's or Texas A&M's a$$ several years ago? Amusing. Wannabe teams/fans get so testy when they get consistently "spanked" by us. *lol*

http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/576/42b/57642b19-b1f5-41b7-a162-779ea6c45061

The Gamecocks, throughout our rich history...

ghostwhowalksspanking.jpg

Top 25 Teams in general... spanked.

spanky1.jpg

Miami, welcomed to the ACC, and then... spanked.

screaming-toddler.jpg

And FSU... yes... you guessed it... spanked.

Edited by Dr. Teeth

I'll have to apologize about swin's comments since I am not one to brag about winning games that we should probably win, that we haven't even won yet. I was just saying hello.

And point of order, Clemson is not the 6th to 7th most relevant school in the carolinas. We "own" all of those schools. Maybe 3rd to 5th most relevant in the entire south perhaps. And I wouldn't even denigrate those other schools by putting South Carolina ("U-suc") in that list. I have more respect for the Mean Green than I do the "Shamecocks" folks. ;)

So what's with all the Jad Dean hate? That kid has been gone for years, so I'm assuming that doctored pic is a left over from when Dean stuck his foot up either Usuc's or Texas A&M's a$$ several years ago? Amusing. Wannabe teams/fans get so testy when they get consistently spanked by us. *lol*

By the way, how come standard manual image coding (<>, img src=) doesn't work here? "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board"?????

We're just having fun here. That's why I threw in the jab at our own kicking game.

As for the 6th or 7th most relevant... I stand by my joke.

Fun Fact: Of all the teams in the ACC, Clemson is the only one besides Duke (and possibly Virginia... I forget) that doesn't have at least one 10 win season in the past 20 seasons.

Ordinarily, it's not a bad thing to be lumped in athletically with Duke. Too bad it's football and not basketball. Here in Texas, we know where teams that consistently mediocre their way to 6-9 wins belong. It's called the Holiday Bowl. Among BCS schools out here, it's a badge of shame.

Even East Carolina has double digit wins more recently than Clemson does. And they did it in a year where they actually beat Virginia Tech. Bump Clemson down to 7th or 8th in the Carolinas, and see if the Pirates can share the book on how to beat the Hokies.

We're just having fun here. That's why I threw in the jab at our own kicking game.

Fun Fact: Of all the teams in the ACC, Clemson is the only one besides Duke (and possibly Virginia... I forget) that doesn't have at least one 10 win season in the past 20 seasons.

Ordinarily, it's not a bad thing to be lumped in athletically with Duke. Too bad it's football and not basketball. Here in Texas, we know where teams that consistently mediocre their way to 6-9 wins belong. It's called the Holiday Bowl. Among BCS schools out here, it's a badge of shame.

Even East Carolina has double digit wins more recently than Clemson does. And they did it in a year where they actually beat Virginia Tech. Bump Clemson down to 7th or 8th in the Carolinas, and see if the Pirates can share the book on how to beat the Hokies.

But does East Carolina's football team trot down a slight incline before home games?

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 1

But do the East Carolina players trot down a slight incline before home games?

Ahhh yes... Going downhill. What a delightful metaphor for the football tradition.

Does Clemson still play home games in Baton Rouge?

Edited by TheTastyGreek

Even East Carolina has double digit wins more recently than Clemson does. did it in a year where they actually beat Virginia Tech. Bump Clemson down to 7th or 8th in the Carolinas, and see if the Pirates can share the book on how to beat the Hokies.

And as for the 10+ seasons, who other than FSU, VT, and GT (only last year) have had 10+ seasons in the ACC in the last 20 years, seeing as how Miami & VT have only been in the ACC for 6 years? Miami has never had a 10 win season in the ACC.

Has ECU ever beaten us? We rarely play VT and have a winning record against them.

We beat most teams by double digits, dude.

And, finally, the Tigers never been to the Holiday Bowl. Don't mind a little smack talk, but try to base it in reality, just alittle. ;)

But I can play. I mean I find "fantasy subjects" fun sometimes too. :)

So, how does one post pics here?

So what's with all the Jad Dean hate? That kid has been gone for years, so I'm assuming that doctored pic is a left over from when Dean stuck his foot up either Usuc's or Texas A&M's a$$ several years ago? Amusing. Wannabe teams/fans get so testy when they get consistently spanked by us. *lol*

By the way, how come standard manual image coding (<>, img src=) doesn't work here? "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board"?????

Whoa...splitting a two game series with A&M? That's Arkansas State territory right there.

I am just fascinated by his uniform modeling skills. Perhaps your great history of Clemson lore is familiar with the pages and pages of Photoshops celebrating his best stab at being Zoolander or even just the guy who died in the gasoline fight?

• Upvote 1

And as for the 10+ seasons, who other than FSU, VT, and GT (only last year) have had 10+ seasons in the ACC in the last 20 years, seeing as how Miami & VT have only been in the ACC for 6 years? Miami has never had a 10 win season in the ACC.

Has ECU ever beaten us? We rarely play VT and have a winning record against them.

And, finally, the Tigers never been to the Holiday Bowl. Don't mind a little smack talk, but try to base it in reality, just alittle. ;)

Dr. Teeth, are you a real dentist?

Also, you can post pictures by chosing the "insert image" link in the editing toolbar above the text box when you are composing a message. 2 icons to the right of the emoticons.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan

I wish I could make the trip to Clemson, and I appreciate the hospitality their fans have extended towards those making the trip. I guess too many trips to Norman and Baton Rouge have jaded our feelings towards BCS schools where the majority of their fans are morons and not quite that hospitable.

I know many of us a looking forward to the challenge of playing Clemson and wish we could take in the game day experience at Death Valley. Hopefully, some day you can make a trip to Denton to see the Tigers play at our new stadium. I think a BBQ cook-off would be in order. I know I'd be willing to judge Carolina Pork versus Texas beef any day.

• Upvote 1

Boston College.

And sorry our internet doesn't work like your internet. Happens to my grandparents all the time.

Ok, there is not a school in the states of South Carolina or North Carolina that has a winning record against Clemson. So I guess Clemson would acually be the number 1 school in the Carolinas.

As far as BBQ goes, I doubt there is much difference in either, one is mainly pork and one is mainly beef, smoked with dry rub or drowned with sauce, if it was really any good you wouldn't need to cover it up with something to make it taste better.

Just give me a strip, ribeye, tbone and slap the sucker on the grill warm it up on both sides and give me a cold beer and all is well.

I hope you guys can make it to Clemson, I'm sure you would have a good time. And if you do come, travel safe.

Edited by ctigerswin
  • Upvote 1

Your history lesson seems to be missing ACC titles, but I figure it's just an oversight because you want to let us all know about the South Carolina series we've been asking about for days.

Tell you what, I'll make it easy and let you go back all the way to 1992 when you list them.

I wish I could make the trip to Clemson, and I appreciate the hospitality their fans have extended towards those making the trip. I guess too many trips to Norman and Baton Rouge have jaded our feelings towards BCS schools where the majority of their fans are morons and not quite that hospitable.

I know many of us a looking forward to the challenge of playing Clemson and wish we could take in the game day experience at Death Valley. Hopefully, some day you can make a trip to Denton to see the Tigers play at our new stadium. I think a BBQ cook-off would be in order. I know I'd be willing to judge Carolina Pork versus Texas beef any day.

Sure, sounds like a plan. Although, I would rather have a steak personally, if I was in texas.

Ok, ACC titles, Clemson has 13 and yes that is the most of any school in the ACC, and you can add to that 1 national championship.

I thought we were talking about the modern ACC, but hey, congrats everything before 1992 and for tying TCU, BYU and Texas A&M in national championships. I like Texas A&M as a comp for you guys: same middling results, same old high point of success (although 1981 trumps 1939 any day) and huge delusions of grandeur in the grand scheme of college football.

Your role is to decide if you'd like to go 3-5, 4-4 and 5-3 in conference. Our role is to make sure you still get to 6-8 wins. Don't get me wrong, we'd love to flip places, but outside of playful banter, you won't see us waving our junk around if we get there.

Besides, we all know our real job is to soften you up for Presbyterian to finish the job next week.

• Upvote 1

Ok, ACC titles, Clemson has 13 and yes that is the most of any school in the ACC, and you can add to that 1 national championship.

Yeah, well... The Soviet Union was pretty intimidating back in the 60's and 80's, too. At least the godless commies are self-aware enough not to run around screaming "scoreboard" in the here-and-now.

As for that national championship from 30 years ago... Congrats. I wish we had one in football. Lafayette College has three, but I don't exactly think it makes them relevant today. And I'd dig those 13 conference championships more if they hadn't all come before most Clemson undergrads were born.

You wanna impress us? When's the last time you people beat Western Kentucky?

Huh?

Yeah, that's what I thought. Point- NORTH TEXAS.

• Upvote 4