Blog On Candidates For Auburn's Head Coaching Vacancy

mgsteve

AL.com

"Johnny Jones has been to the Final Four as an LSU player and assistant coach. He spent one season as an Alabama assistant before taking over a pitiful North Texas program.

He’s won 20 games or more for four straight seasons there, and he has the Mean Green back in the NCAA Tournament for the second time in those four years as the Sun Belt Tournament champ. "

Auburn is the worst basketball job in the SEC. Even when they won the conference in the late 90's they couldn't sell out their arena. But he'd be paid a helluva lot should he go.

Yeah, but he'd get to hang out with Charles "I've got the worst golf swing known to man" Barkley.

I hope JJ stays, but if he goes to Auburn, I hope he turns them into a national power.

Auburn is the worst basketball job in the SEC. Even when they won the conference in the late 90's they couldn't sell out their arena. But he'd be paid a helluva lot should he go.

Auburn is opening a new basketball arena next yr and that will definitely help recruiting. I know Lebo had won in the past at lower level schools, but he just made some bad coaching decisions down the stretch in multiple games that his team had a chance to win.