Football: Consistency Lacking On Offense For Unt

mgsteve

"FIU adjusted and limited Dodge to 127 yards in the second half..."

I think that you could argue that consistency is our downfall. Nothing changes at halftime and when adjustments are made to counter our offense, we continue doing the same thing even if it is not working. It worked against WKU so it will work against Monroe, right? Why change?

<insert quote by Old Timer about me hijacking the thread>

"FIU adjusted and limited Dodge to 127 yards in the second half..."

I think that you could argue that consistency is our downfall. Nothing changes at halftime and when adjustments are made to counter our offense, we continue doing the same thing even if it is not working. It worked against WKU so it will work against Monroe, right? Why change?

<insert quote by Old Timer about me hijacking the thread>

Offensive coaches have made it pretty clear that despite what the numbers say in losses (29 so far) their offense from SLC will work in college without doing anything different, it just takes time. So if we get 300 yards and 28 points in one half, surely the other team can't possibly make any adjustments that would slow it down, so we will just continue on. It sounds ridiculous, but they seem to not want to add in the TE or FB and that seems pretty ridiculous too, but oh well.